The injury prone players need to go!

mar29020

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So we got the #12 pick in 1999 back from the Saints, which we turned into the pick for Champ Bailey by trading up.  

We got the #2 pick in 2000 from the Saints in the same deal, which meant that, with our #3 pick, we didn't have to "settle" on either Arrington or Samuels.  

Didn’t we trade the 12th and 24th picks in the draft to the niners for the 3rd pick? We went into that draft having three first round picks. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Didn’t we trade the 12th and 24th picks in the draft to the niners for the 3rd pick? We went into that draft having three first round picks. 

No, the 12th was used to move up to the Bears spot in 1999.  The 3rd pick in 2000 was ours, the 2nd pick was the Saints, which also came in the Ricky Williams trade.  

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

No, the 12th was used to move up to the Bears spot in 1999.  The 3rd pick in 2000 was ours, the 2nd pick was the Saints, which also came in the Ricky Williams trade.  

No we traded up with SF for the #3 pick.  It wasn't ours.  The Redskins finished 10-6 in 1999 and won the NFC East.

19 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

No it was not. I distinctly remember the trade. San Francisco held the third pick going into the 2000 draft. The second pick was already ours due to Sean Gilbert. Our pick was 24 and the 12th pick was from the Saints. We moved 12 and 24 to the Niners to acquire the 3rd pick. The team badly wanted Brown and Arrington. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No it was not. I distinctly remember the trade. San Francisco held the third pick going into the 2000 draft. The second pick was already ours due to Sean Gilbert. Our pick was 24 and the 12th pick was from the Saints. We moved 12 and 24 to the Niners to acquire the 3rd pick. The team badly wanted Brown and Arrington. 

The second pick came from the Saints.  I did forget that we made the trade to acquire #3.  At least Samuels turned out a damn good career.  If he wasn't an under the radar guy with the media, potentially a HOF candidate, but if Joe Jacoby can't make it, I don't think Williams or Samuels make it. 

And for anybody who wants Casserly back in any fashion, he gave up first round picks for Sean Gilbert, Brad Johnson and Dan Wilkinson. Probably had one of the worst runs ever for first round picks in the 90s and was generally a horrible GM. Kinda crazy that he actually got another job lol

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

The second pick came from the Saints.  I did forget that we made the trade to acquire #3.  At least Samuels turned out a damn good career.  If he wasn't an under the radar guy with the media, potentially a HOF candidate, but if Joe Jacoby can't make it, I don't think Williams or Samuels make it. 

You’re right. 12 came from the Panthers I believe. Sean Gilbert was moved for a bunch of first round picks in his career. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And for anybody who wants Casserly back in any fashion, he gave up first round picks for Sean Gilbert, Brad Johnson and Dan Wilkinson. Probably had one of the worst runs ever for first round picks in the 90s and was generally a horrible GM. Kinda crazy that he actually got another job lol

Remember, we also traded Brad Johnson and the next year, he won a Super Bowl with Jon Gruden.  He actually was a pretty good QB in his career.  

17 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just looked at the first three drafts for the Cleveland Browns, they had two #1 picks and the #3 pick, and they ended up starting their franchise with Tim Couch, Courtney Brown and Gerard Warren.  No wonder they've struggled for so long.  

I don’t blame Couch. He got destroyed there and I really thought they had something with him and Quincy Morgan. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

To be fair that was kind of the organizational philosophy he was groomed under. Beathard traded away a bunch of first round picks. In fact after Darrell Green in 83 our next 1st was Bobby Wilson in 91. Until about 99 they made a pick in every first round (for better or worse with guys like Tom Carter, Michael Westbrook). That said I’m not sure exactly what year Casserly too over

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly, I love Trent, but if we can get value for him, trade him. We need to plan for the future. Drafting a new LT and letting Colt McCoy get killed next year isn’t a bad idea. 

Think about a rookie LT contract over the money we are giving T-Will. It is in our best interests to evaluate all roster spots and their representative value. Trent is arguably one of best bargaining chips. Throw Nsekhe in there at a bargain of the cost. Resign Scherff. Plan on two new tackles in the next 2-3 years.

I may be the minority, but Trents value isn’t going to get any higher. 

Yes! He is the most over rated and over paid player on our team by far. There are 8-10 LT better and that get paid millions less. Trent has been all reputation for years. Very athletically skillled, but a at best average run blocker and always hurt. 

Archived