The injury prone players need to go!

mar29020

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They’re never going to trade Trent. He’s basically the only player drafted during the Snyder era that has a real shot at the Hall of Fame. 

Lavar, my brother. I love you but please the bolder words never ever belong together :) 

tumblr_okmezpcIdk1ude31so1_500.gif

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They had no choice. Champ refused to play for the team. Throwing in the second is what messed it up but Portis is arguably our best RB ever. 

@lavar703 Do-You-Need-The-Help-of-an-Interventionior probably you’re just saying in last 20 years? Riggo, Byner, Larry Brown and others outclass big mouth Portis and we’re winners. Only the Redskins would also take a sure fire hof running back, Bobby Mitchell and play him at receiver. Mcpeak still is the worst head coach ever but dumbo gruden giving him a run for his moneg

Portis as a redskin  was nothing special and the second worst refskins trade of all time. Signed Bobby Griffin the third 

Clinton Portis is #2 on my list of overrated Redskins, right behind LaVar Arrington.......but Arrington has #1 by a mile.  While I will always have a lot of respect for Joe Gibbs, he put a square peg into a round hole with Clinton Portis.  Could Clinton Portis run between the tackles?  Yes.  Was Portis afraid of contact?  No.  But we took a running back who had back to back 1500 yard seasons, at a 5.5 YPC clip, and turned him into a John Riggins, between the tackles runner.  That was a big mistake on our end.  

36 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Lavar, my brother. I love you but please the bolder words never ever belong together :) 

tumblr_okmezpcIdk1ude31so1_500.gif

You are literally the only human being on the planet that thinks Trent Williams is a scrub. Just about everyone considers him the best left tackle in football. I honestly have no idea where you’ve come up with this but you’ve stuck to it lol

Doc......................everyone else 

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Clinton Portis is #2 on my list of overrated Redskins, right behind LaVar Arrington.......but Arrington has #1 by a mile.  While I will always have a lot of respect for Joe Gibbs, he put a square peg into a round hole with Clinton Portis.  Could Clinton Portis run between the tackles?  Yes.  Was Portis afraid of contact?  No.  But we took a running back who had back to back 1500 yard seasons, at a 5.5 YPC clip, and turned him into a John Riggins, between the tackles runner.  That was a big mistake on our end.  

How was he overrated? He accounted for 50 TDs and over 8000 total yards in 7 years as a Redskin. And he was probably our best blocker during that span lol. 

29 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

@lavar703 Do-You-Need-The-Help-of-an-Interventionior probably you’re just saying in last 20 years? Riggo, Byner, Larry Brown and others outclass big mouth Portis and we’re winners. Only the Redskins would also take a sure fire hof running back, Bobby Mitchell and play him at receiver. Mcpeak still is the worst head coach ever but dumbo gruden giving him a run for his moneg

Portis as a redskin  was nothing special and the second worst refskins trade of all time. Signed Bobby Griffin the third 

Riggo better than Portis? Dude, Riggo played for 16 years and only has 2000 yards more than Portis who played 9. Riggo didn’t even average 4YPC for his career. Byner was never in the same class as Portis. You can dislike Portis but understand just how good he was. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You are literally the only human being on the planet that thinks Trent Williams is a scrub. Just about everyone considers him the best left tackle in football. I honestly have no idea where you’ve come up with this but you’ve stuck to it lol

Doc......................everyone else 

Lol

scrub? No. I think he’s a uniquely gifted athlete  who was blessed with talent that could have made him the greatest LT of all time-

but who is lazy and over rated. the guy is a excellent pass blocker but doesn’t run block consistently. He’s taken unique elite gifts and turned into a pretty ordinary player and We are paying him for being elite. There are 8-10 guys making less than him who I’d rather play LT and who can be counted on to train and not be a fatass in the off-season smoking all that weed and getting the munchies then trying to lose the weight every offseason and then gets injured 

Trent can’t carry Samuels Jock and he’s no where close to being as good  as Lachey and Samuel’s who both were all time greats 

7 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Lol

scrub? No. I think he’s a uniquely gifted athlete  who was blessed with talent that could have made him the greatest LT of all time-

but who is lazy and over rated. the guy is a excellent pass blocker but doesn’t run block consistently. He’s taken unique elite gifts and turned into a pretty ordinary player and We are paying him for being elite. There are 8-10 guys making less than him who I’d rather play LT and who can be counted on to train and not be a fatass in the off-season smoking all that weed and getting the munchies then trying to lose the weight every offseason and then gets injured 

Trent can’t carry Samuels Jock and he’s no where close to being as good  as Lachey and Samuel’s who both were all time greats 

Samuels isn’t anywhere near the LT Trent has become. You need to sit this one out Doc. None of what you said is true. Dude kills it in the off-season. 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Riggo better than Portis? Dude, Riggo played for 16 years and only has 2000 yards more than Portis who played 9. Riggo didn’t even average 4YPC for his career. Byner was never in the same class as Portis. You can dislike Portis but understand just how good he was. 

I love these debates! Riggo was the best Redskins RB ever. And the guy I loved the most watching followed closely by Larry Brown. Brown was a 200 pound guy who ran like a tank behind a subpar line and I used to think this was was nuts- like a sledge hammer repeatedly running into a brick wall of defenders but who never ever ever quit. Too bad there isn’t much video out there of him. He’s the kind of guy with a handicap who overcame it never used an excuse and surpassed all his talent with extraordinary effort 

portis- a system running back who nap said best was forced into a wrong offense 

now please don’t try to argue any QBwas better than Sammy or Sonny. :)

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Samuels isn’t anywhere near the LT Trent has become. You need to sit this one out Doc. None of what you said is true. Dude kills it in the off-season. 

Maybe. My favorite for all time Redskins LT  are

lachey- too bad we didn’t get him right out of Ohio State. When God created a LT he made Jimmy Lachey

then The Mountain Jacoby.

Samuel’s third

then Trent 

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How was he overrated? He accounted for 50 TDs and over 8000 total yards in 7 years as a Redskin. And he was probably our best blocker during that span lol. 

Look, I like Portis.  I really do.  And I don't put him being overrated all on him.  Like I said, Gibbs was trying to put a square peg in a round hole.  His weakness when he came back the second time around was that the offensive coaches were his guys.  Until Al Saunders came on board, this was Air Coryell as he ran it decades before, meaning it was an outdated concept that teams adjusted to.  If we had run some spread type concepts and gotten Portis outside more, he would've been a much more explosive weapon, rather than trying to make him into a battering ram like Riggins or Larry Brown.  

That being said, he went from 5.5 YPC to 4.1 in Washington, and some of that is on him.  He had a nice career with the Redskins for sure, but he was not a HOF caliber running back, and a lot of people still talk about him as if he is.  He also had a nasty habit of fumbling the football.  

21 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Lol

I don't think I could sum it up any better.  Samuels was a professional's professional, and that might be what costs him a shot at the HOF.  Not to mention the teams he played for were not very good in the scheme of things.  

Trent Williams has the talent of Jon Ogden, but has a 10 cent brain compared to Ogden.  With his physical skills, he easily could've been better than Ogden and gone down as one of the best ever, but instead he's settled for Top 5-10 tackle of his peer era.  

Archived