Bears interested in Kareem Hunt?

malagabears

Officially a Brown, now. 

Meh... Was our best /cheapest option this year, but if we really wanted him, we'd have grabbed him off waivers. I have a feeling there was probably a lot of push back inside Halas over potentially going after him, to begin with. 

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Really weird decision for Hunt.

He is now in a backfield with 3 other talented backs, one of which was a highly drafted and very productive rookie.

Not sure why he would rush to sign in a less than ideal situation.

From a proving your value standpoint I don't get it much either because he'll be fighting off another talented RB for carries, but the guy was probably extremely desperate to latch on with whichever team came calling first.  Add in the fact that it's his hometown team, and the GM (Dorsey) is the guy who drafted him I can see why Hunt may have felt some type of loyalty there. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Well, I know what I'm going to be researching for this draft. No way I see Pace not look to upgrade the position. 

Basically all I’ve been looking at are the RB tbh. 

As to Hunt, he’s obviously a guy with a lot of talent, but the success of career nobody Damien Williams filling his role post-suspension was a strong statement that it may have been the skill set over the player in that role. Williams became the KC primary RB in week 15 and played 5 games in that role to the tune of 69 carries, 362 yds and 5 TD on the ground and 24/200/3 receiving. Here’s that rate over 16 games, compared to Hunt in 2017 when he won the rushing title:

Hunt 2017: 272/1327/8 rushing, 53/455/3 receiving 

Williams 2018 (16 game extrapolation): 220/1158/16 rushing, 77/640/10 receiving

The TD numbers are out of whack, but the rest is really strongly comparable to that of Hunt. So was it Hunt? Or was it a versatile back in the hands of a creative playcaller? Nagy will know as well as anyone. 

No doubt Hunt would have been a great fit for us and he is a quality player at his position...only good thing is it's very easy to find very good running backs and this is one hell of a strong class to find a guy similar to Hunt in the mid rounds...either that or Mark Ingram for a coupke of years.

Archived