Bears interested in Kareem Hunt?

malagabears

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Howard has only 1 year left on his rookie contract. The only way I don't us keeping Howard is if he is not willing to share snaps on a SB contending team. Even then, Howard and his agent doesn't necessarily have much in the way of leverage after him coming off of his worst season yet.

Hunt is all around back, Howard is a between the tackle bruiser and Cohen is a gadget player. This fits perfect in an offense that uses Cohen as a wide-out as much Nagy does.

I guess that was my point as well, can we have all three backs in rotation?

6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I guess that was my point as well, can we have all three backs in rotation?

Absolutley. That would be ideal to keep 'em fresh without having to run plays with Cunningham and Mizzell too.

Running more 21 and 12 personnel packages works out better anyhow. Howard/Hunt in the backfield and Cohen or Hunt or both lined up in the slot. 

You have 2 players who can make guys miss and make plays in the open field.

Just want to point out that Mitch knows Hunt well from their days playing high school football in Ohio.  If Nagy and Mitch both vouch for the guy then I can see Bears giving him his second chance.  They certainly left that possibility open after today's comments. 

Just now, topwop1 said:

Just want to point out that Mitch knows Hunt well from their days playing high school football in Ohio.  If Nagy and Mitch both vouch for the guy then I can see Bears giving him his second chance.  They certainly left that possibility open after today's comments. 

I think Nagy will push for it and Pace will reluctantly agree... but I still don't think Virginia or George McCaskey will sign off on the move. Shame, too.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Absolutley. That would be ideal to keep 'em fresh without having to run plays with Cunningham and Mizzell too.

Running more 21 and 12 personnel packages works out better anyhow. Howard/Hunt in the backfield and Cohen or Hunt or both lined up in the slot. 

You have 2 players who can make guys miss and make plays in the open field.

And we need that bad. Mitch didn't seem to get many YAC or of his receivers, any help there is huge. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

And we need that bad. Mitch didn't seem to get many YAC or of his receivers, any help there is huge. 

Yes sir. And I feel like it's only been us two in the entire world who has noticed this too.

When a 5'7 scat back and QB are your leading #1 and 3 players on the team in broken tackles......something is wrong. Howard is number #2 but that's to be expected for a back who spends most of his time  among crowded lineman.

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yes sir. And I feel like it's only been us two in the entire world who has noticed this too.

When a 5'7 scat back and QB are your leading #1 and 3 players on the team in broken tackles......something is wrong. Howard is number #2 but that's to be expected for a back who spends most of his time  among crowded lineman.

You know watching the Chiefs I felt like our screen blocking was terrible compared to there’s and YAC for our playmakers.

I think Miller will be that guy next year but we need way more.

9 hours ago, G08 said:

I think Nagy will push for it and Pace will reluctantly agree... but I still don't think Virginia or George McCaskey will sign off on the move. Shame, too.

I don't see why they wouldn't.  This is not a domestic violence incident but merely a misdemeanor and Hunt was not charged with any crime.

The video certainly does not paint Hunt in a good light, but the fact that the girl who was involved in the video didn't press any charges tells me that she was in the wrong and there were witnesses there who can attest to the fact that she directed racial slurs at Hunt after he told her to leave his place realizing she was under the legal drinking age, which then antagonized him to flip out.

28 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't see why they wouldn't.  This is not a domestic violence incident but merely a misdemeanor and Hunt was not charged with any crime.

The video certainly does not paint Hunt in a good light, but the fact that the girl who was involved in the video didn't press any charges tells me that she was in the wrong and there were witnesses there who can attest to the fact that she directed racial slurs at Hunt after he told her to leave his place realizing she was under the legal drinking age, which then antagonized him to flip out.

Well she allegedly called him a racial slur, but she also slapped him, and then after he walked away she went after him screaming junk, shoved someone and then got knocked over when Hunt pushed the other guy away from him.

But everyone wants to crap on him because he's a male football player. Doesn't seem "equal" to me.

Nagy can sit and say "Hey, I know this kid. I know what's in his heart. I believe in second chances and it sends a message to our team that I will support you so long as you prove to me that you are doing everything you can to fix your personal life".

It's brilliant and, really, this dude is going to come cheap and lest we forget he led the freaking league in rushing as a freaking rookie.

On another note....

Thoughts on Justice Hill in the 3rd round?

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Nagy can sit and say "Hey, I know this kid. I know what's in his heart. I believe in second chances and it sends a message to our team that I will support you so long as you prove to me that you are doing everything you can to fix your personal life".

It's brilliant and, really, this dude is going to come cheap and lest we forget he led the freaking league in rushing as a freaking rookie.

On another note....

Thoughts on Justice Hill in the 3rd round?

If they get Hunt, no, I'd rather use a 5th on an RB in that situation.

If they don't, absolutely. He is electric.

Right now my RB desires for the draft would be:

-Bryce Love-Stanford in the 7th.... then IR him for a year. His stock has cratered after tearing his ACL in his final game, and having a disapointing season with some ankle injuries.... That said, he's got a boatload of talent, and this would just be taking a 7th round flyer on upside there. It'll be too early to learn much from combine medicals on the knee.... but need to eval his ankles at least. If he passes medicals I think this is easily the best draft bang for the buck.

-Montgomery-Iowa St in the third... This guy reminds me a ton of Kareem Hunt coming out. Good hands in the passing game, tough as nails to bring down... His draft stock is a bit hard to nail down right now... Walter has him still at a 4th rounder, but I've seen numerous other reports pegging him as an early 2nd (with no elite level backs being 1st round worthy in this class)

-Henderson-Memphis in the 3rd-4th... We can get inside info on him via Miller....He's shown speed and catching ability... He is notably short, however, which can be good (center of gravity/balance through contact) and bad (harder receiving target).

-Just wait until the 4th-5th rounds in general.... This class lacks elite talent, but there's like 10 pretty solid dudes who could come in and probably squeeze playing time on our team right now..... All 3 of 'Bamas backs are intriguing (though I don't think all declared or are eligible) .... The point is at least one of these guys is going to be slipping and sliding later than expected if we need one....

The elephant(s) in the room are figuring out what to do with Howard (who I don't think has a ton of value in a trade, relative to his actual ability) and what happens with Kareem Hunt (who is likely to only be eligible for half a season, and I wouldn't pay a single penny more than what his contract would have been off waivers).

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

The elephant(s) in the room are figuring out what to do with Howard (who I don't think has a ton of value in a trade, relative to his actual ability) and what happens with Kareem Hunt (who is likely to only be eligible for half a season, and I wouldn't pay a single penny more than what his contract would have been off waivers).

RBs are Howard, Cohen and someone and Hunt until Eligible.

Then Howard probably becomes a FA and RBs are Cohen and Hunt and someone and someone.

I think Howard just plays in 2019 until Hunt eventually becomes 1st eligible and then likely eventually supplants him.

Maybe Howard balls out and holds onto the job.

Hunt is going to play in NFL again.  He is going to play in 2019 for someone.   I think Bears go after him.  

Archived