Bears interested in Kareem Hunt?

malagabears

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Well if he thinks that we can 100% get a 3rd or 4th 😉😂

Ha, my opinion =/= Gabriel's. I don't think any team is giving up a 3rd for a slow RB who's going to want $4-$5M/year in the next 24 months. 

Sentence #2 was just another opinion from someone with some credibility.

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ha, my opinion =/= Gabriel's. I don't think any team is giving up a 3rd for a slow RB who's going to want $4-$5M/year in the next 24 months. 

Sentence #2 was just another opinion from someone with some credibility.

Agreed I think a 4th is his value...would be a fair trade for all parties involved.

1 hour ago, malagabears said:

As a precursor to exploring a K Hunt signing how much can we get for Howard in a trade? A 3rd or at most a 4th?

With him being an impending free agent and how easy it is to simply draft a RB, I see them settling for a 5th and a future 6th or 7th, and that’s only if they’re desperate to get something for him.

I would want a 4th.

If we sign Hunt I would settle for a 5th.

The Bears should sign Hunt. Winning the Super Bowl requires some compromises. It is not easy and it is competive. If the Bears don’t sign Hunt another team on the cusp will.

If he signs in Philly that makes then beats path to the Super Bowl Harder not easier.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

Saying she had her hands at her sides us definitely not the truth, she had her finger in his face going off on him.  Let me make one thing clear, I am in no way shape or form defending Hunts actions. They are reprehensible and indefensible in my eyes.  I'm also not going to crucify somebody for a "both parties were clearly in the wrong" situation either.  I have already said previously what Hunt should have done was walk down to the lobby, and asked Hotel Security to remove the 2 women from the premises.  His boys needed to a better job of protecting him and not let him become part of the situation in any way shape or form.  Hunt is liable for his actions, hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions lost seems like more than a reasonable penalty.  No he doesnt deserve jail, anymore than 22 year old you deserved jail for the stupid stuff you did.  As I said we have severe cultural problem that nobody wants to talk about and that is the violence of both men AND women toward each other and the repercussions or lack thereof.  If you are a young professional man, dont mess around with ratchet heads.  Women if you dont want to be a ratchet head dont act like one.  Be a young woman.  Demand respect and offer it in return.  That is really what this all boils down to.

I'm beginning to see why we see this incident and apparently what actions were shown on the film attached to the prior post so differently. Might you enlighten the forum by what level of omnipotence you can make a statement saying I got away with 'stuff' that would warrant me being considered for jail in my youth.

Perhaps you are projecting a bit too much of your own past onto Hunt's situation?

9 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

I'm beginning to see why we see this incident and apparently what actions were shown on the film attached to the prior post so differently. Might you enlighten the forum by what level of omnipotence you can make a statement saying I got away with 'stuff' that would warrant me being considered for jail in my youth.

Perhaps you are projecting a bit too much of your own past onto Hunt's situation?

He should be charged with misdemeanour assault.

They don’t put people in jail for misdemeanour assault.

She didn’t press charges. She was not injured enough to warrant them being pressed regardless. It was not a domestic situation where it may continue or escalate.

It looks bad, but 100x worse things are happening that the judicial system needs to deal with.

1 hour ago, 51to54 said:

You don't go to jail for pushing and shoving. Was it wrong? Yes! At most this is a fine and a law suit. Let's not overreact here. I doubt she had any cuts and maybe minor bruising. She was not beaten which she easily could have been if he completely lost his mind.

I agree as much as we have galvanized assault and stalking. This was something where alcohol or something probably pushed emotions past the boiling point. But it does not look like an incident that will keep festering. Hunt has incredible skills receiving & running. We just need to wait.

7 hours ago, 51to54 said:

That's not what I said at all. I said he nor you at 22 yo, deserves jail.  I'm actually starting that there isnt anything you did at 22 yo that deserved jail time.  Now if you want to dispute that, feel free.  If you don't understand the point I'm trying to make, that's not on you, not on me

25 minutes ago, malagabears said:

This would be a sign that the commish has given the go ahead, and the punishment announcement will come after the superbowl.  As I said earlier, there really wasnt anything actionable to investigate in the other 2 reports, and it's all going to be about the tape.  My guess is 5 games.

Archived