Bears interested in Kareem Hunt?

malagabears

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

I love this idea. This is the worst of the 3 incidents they're looking into right?

The kick is the worst.

Incident 2 is a fight at a bar that his buddy got into and he jumped in.

Incident 3 is punching a guy at a resort that he got into it with.

Dude needs anger management, obviously.

25 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The kick is the worst.

Incident 2 is a fight at a bar that his buddy got into and he jumped in.

Incident 3 is punching a guy at a resort that he got into it with.

Dude needs anger management, obviously.

Incident 2 has no corroboration that he was even there.  Incident 3 the alleged "victim" never identified hunt, or accused him of anything.  Media has said that an unnamed witness said Hunt punched a guy.  Of course it will all be held against Hunt, bc that's what the media wants

If Bears want to win a SB anytime soon then they have to take some chances on signing talented players that will come with a bit of media scrutiny due to off the field troubles, ala Kareem Hunt.

It appears that they have built a solid enough foundation in that locker room that adding someone like Hunt will have more of a positive impact than negative since he would have the full support of the head coach and starting QB most importantly.

Bears experienced a little bit of success in 2018 going 12-4 and winning the division.  They can't just sit on their hands now and expect to improve next year by re-singing of a few of the same guys they had last year and adding a few mid round draft picks to the mix.

Go out and be aggressive, media and public scrutiny be damned.  You only get so many windows and opportunities to win.

“I think the important thing, as Matt pointed out,” McCaskey said, “is that he addresses his personal situation before worrying about football. I think that’s a demonstration of the kind of guy Matt is. He called him to have a non-football conversation because they had a player-coach relationship. I think that says a lot about Matt. He’s not just interested in these guys as football players. I think that’s one of the reasons the players respond to him so well.”

McCaskey was emphatic in dismissing the notion that Hunt’s violence against a woman presents a special dynamic for the Bears, who are owned by a woman — his 96-year-old mother, Virginia.

“This is a vexing social problem that everybody needs to be concerned about,” McCaskey said. “Violence by a man against a woman should offend everyone regardless of gender. But … she and I are like-minded. She entrusts me with this responsibility to make this assessment on behalf of ownership.”

43 minutes ago, G08 said:

“I think the important thing, as Matt pointed out,” McCaskey said, “is that he addresses his personal situation before worrying about football. I think that’s a demonstration of the kind of guy Matt is. He called him to have a non-football conversation because they had a player-coach relationship. I think that says a lot about Matt. He’s not just interested in these guys as football players. I think that’s one of the reasons the players respond to him so well.”

McCaskey was emphatic in dismissing the notion that Hunt’s violence against a woman presents a special dynamic for the Bears, who are owned by a woman — his 96-year-old mother, Virginia.

“This is a vexing social problem that everybody needs to be concerned about,” McCaskey said. “Violence by a man against a woman should offend everyone regardless of gender. But … she and I are like-minded. She entrusts me with this responsibility to make this assessment on behalf of ownership.”

So ideally Virginia McCaskey dies before free agency so we are free to do as we please

58 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

On the Hoge and Jahns Podcast they were saying that Virginia may be a reason they sign Hunt.

They said that George desperately wants to get his mother another Super Bowl before she passes.

Sounds like the Bears don't have a "zero tolerance" policy when it comes to these situations. Sounds like they look at each case separately and I really, really hope Nagy goes to bat for this kid AND Hunt doesn't disappoint.

19 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Really like the "Human side" of Nagy reaching out to Hunt as a person. I think that has to win over Hunt because someone out actually took the time and effort just to talk to him.

I don't think there would be any need to win Hunt over...the opportunity to get back into the scheme that made him a star and a 2nd chance would be enough...it's all about ownership for this.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think there would be any need to win Hunt over...the opportunity to get back into the scheme that made him a star and a 2nd chance would be enough...it's all about ownership for this.

@malagabears All things being equal I think he comes to Bears because of Nagy and Bears as a contender, but I think it will ultimately be whoever has best monetary offer.  

He isn't coming on some steep discount because Nagy made a phone call. 

Archived