Denver hires OL Coach Mike Munchak

iLikeDefense

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Elway is definitely assembling an all-star class of coaches, but this is the NFL and not college.  The players make more than the coaches, and getting them to buy in is going to be absolutely key.  I worry about two old-school guys like Fangio and Munchak being able to develop the kind of culture that, say, McVay has developed with the Rams.  Alternately, old school may be what the Broncos need. 

I feel every situation is different though. Watching Denver this year the biggest thing that has stuck out in the last 2 years was just a complete lack of discipline. So many penalties, boneheaded blown coverages, miscommunication everywhere. When team leaders like Paradis went down on the o-line, Chris Harris in the secondary and Sanders with the WRs--it looked like everybody else just ran around like a bunch of rookies. They have just played extremely undisciplined football with Vance Jospeh.

The Broncos dont need to have a young flashy offensive guru, they need a hard nosed leader who can bring everybody back together and get them to work like a unit like Kubiak/Wade had them running like a few years ago. There is no way a roster with that much overall talent should underachieve like they have the past 2 years. They need somebody respected who can refocus everybody and go back to maximizing their talent.

When Manning/Wade/Kubiak left they fell into a big hole of having a leadership problem. It takes a tough veteran coach to lead guys like Von, Wolfe, Harris, Sanders, ect, ect and I personally dont think they would have responded better with a young offensive coach over a experinced veteran who preaches accountability and discipline 

Archived