even munchak is tired of this

muncher

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Did Brown have character issues coming out of college?   I honestly dont remember.

Either way, no one said a thing about Brown's character until the last couple years after he became the gold standard of NFL WR's.   

Yes.  AB lived a really hard life as a kid.  slept on the coach of TY Hilton's dad for 2 years.  Has 5 kids by 5 different women.  Has issues

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Did Brown have character issues coming out of college?   I honestly dont remember.

Either way, no one said a thing about Brown's character until the last couple years after he became the gold standard of NFL WR's.   

humble kid in school. tomlins coddling helped turn him into the thing he is today

18 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Yes.  AB lived a really hard life as a kid.  slept on the coach of TY Hilton's dad for 2 years.  Has 5 kids by 5 different women.  Has issues

I'd like this and want to add to it, that some coaches have talked about him in a way that you really only knew 50% of Antonio.  He's a guy thats great at shutting off the world on the field, but his whole life has been about proving people wrong, and sooner or later with that attitude it catches up to you.  You hit this point where you start making it 'me vs the world' and you lash out.

56 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I get that, but grown adults are capable of making grown decisions. In his case, idk if he is succeeding in that area.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

I get all of that.

My question is, did his issues cause him to be a character risk coming out of college?   Usually when they are, they are in the scouting reports, and of the ones Ive seen, nothing really mentions his character.

I just think its silly to compare Tomlin to Marvin Lewis in regards to drafting poor character guys.    The drama has been largely caused by players who didnt have character red flags coming out.  Martavis is the only character red flag COMING OUT that really backfired.    Marvin Lewis drafted players with WELL DOCUMENTED character red flags all the time and it regularly backfired.    

Marvin Lewis drafted low character/high talent guys high.  2nd and 3rd round.  Even if they though Ab had some issues I have and had no problems spending a 6th round pick on him.  I think his teammates knew there would be me issues.  Clark's statement when they extended him in year 3.  Clark knew that giving him money would lead to issues.  Sanders said nearly the same thing.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Marvin Lewis drafted low character/high talent guys high.  2nd and 3rd round.  Even if they though Ab had some issues I have and had no problems spending a 6th round pick on him.  I think his teammates knew there would be me issues.  Clark's statement when they extended him in year 3.  Clark knew that giving him money would lead to issues.  Sanders said nearly the same thing.

I can see that, but he didn't become a real diva after his first contract.  He actually got better and seemed pretty low key outside of celebrating on the field.  His diva attitude didn't seem to take off until 2015 or so, and it's only gotten worse.

I get there may have been some things off the field that happened before that... But I don't care about the players personal lives unless it's affecting how they play on the field.

I felt his hard upbringing helped shape the quality person he appeared to be coming out of college. He wasnt a Saint but he had potential to develop under strong leadership. Something we havent had in a long time.

This diva stuff doesnt make him a bad person but as a football player imo, it makes him an undesirable one. However some ppl follow talent more than character.

Archived