My rankings of the 8 Coaching hires and post your own too!

brownie man

In no order 

Green Bay Packers - Matt Lafleur 

Cincinnati Bengals - Zac Taylor

Miami Dolphins - Brian Flores 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bruce Arians 

Cleveland Browns - Freddie Kitches 

Denver Broncos - Vic Fangio

Arizona Cardinals - Kliff Kingsbury

New York Jets- Adam Gase 

My order goes

1. Freddie Kitchens- Only candidate to have proven success with his franchise QB. Has brought in a great staff and has a ton of talent and cap.

2. Adam Gase - Has a franchsie QB with experience helping QBs previously. Darnold will help him keep his job for years. Tannenhill made him look worse than he is.

3. Bruce Arians - Great experience but has to “fix” his potential QB. Is also older and I’m concerned how long he’ll be in the role. 

4. Matt Lafluer - Has a HOF QB and also brings in different ideas from Kyle/Mcvay. Has a pretty strong defensive staff but he himself has no proven success, but did have to deal with a hurt Mariota all season so we really don’t know. 

5. Kliffs Kingsbury - Hopefullly has his franchise QB, was a QB himself, and has proven to see QB talent and develop it, but no real HC success to this point. 

6. Zac Taylor- I put Zac above the other coaches because Dalton is actually serviceable. I think he can improve that offense in Cinci and bring life to that stale culture. Cinci is fairly talented  might just need fresh mindset.

7. Brian Flores - Not a very lengthy resume, but apparently Miami understands they’re tanking for 2020. This is why I put him above Fangio. He’s going to have the time to find his franchise QB and my guess is Caldwell will be good being the OC there for the near future once they draft their guy next year. I think he’ll be given that needed time to potentially succeed. 

8. Vic Fangio - Proven track record defensively, but has no real franchise QB. I’m concerned about their offense. I think he’ll be fired within 3 years unless something drastic happens at QB they’re not winning enough games with Case for him to keep that job. 

Eric Bienemy shouldve got a job but im happy hes staying in KC.

I feel like Kitchens is in the best situation. I really like Arians though and think hell be able to turn around Winston.

The rest seem very meh. Kliff is intriguing as a wildcard. Hes either gonna do great or terrible.

1) Kitchens is set up to make the playoffs next year

2) Does Zac Taylor get Nick Foles and some key free agents on D along with a D-heavy draft?

• Dalton can be cut with no cap charge leaving about 66 million in space.

3) Fangio - He will improve that D and they have Lindsay to run the ball.

• Get Keenum to play more like 2017 or move on and add some weapons (see if Sutton is the real deal)

4/5) Not sure about the Jets (all over the roster) and the Bucs (that defense)

6) LaFleur - Rodgers is all the headache of LeBron but nowhere near as talented/effective right now

• He is set up to fail with Minnesota and Chicago as solid defenses

7) Flores - Miami will probably tank for a year like you said.

8) Kingsbury - He may be innovative but he needs someone as D-Coordinator to stabilize him as he learns the NFL.

• Oh wait, Vance Joseph was D-Coordinater in Miami for only 1 year? And they were the 29th in yards, 18th in points, and 12th in turnovers ranked D?
  • Oh, he had Von Miller in Denver... 3rd in yards, 24th in points, 26th in turnovers followed by 22nd in yards, 13th in points, 6th in turnovers.
  • It looks like both sides of the ball won't have a clue. Maybe he can teach Rosen something in a very ugly year 1?

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

2) Does Zac Taylor get Nick Foles and some key free agents on D along with a D-heavy draft?

• Dalton can be cut with no cap charge leaving about 66 million in space.

Cutting Dalton and signing Foles would be a lateral move at best. I'm also wary of Foles' Philadelphia success under Pederson in general, considering the guy hasn't been able to succeed without him. Maybe I'm wrong. Eagles fans help me out here. 

Dalton will perpetually get slandered by the public and crucified for past playoff play - that I must come to terms with. But he's not nearly as bad as common perception would lead you to believe. I don't think Taylor would take this job otherwise.

17 hours ago, lancerman said:

Freddie Kitchens has the least experience applicable to being a head coach of anyone on this list. He's number 1 because..... reasons. I can only guess why. 

And Zac Taylor does? Taylor has been in the NFL coaching, what 5, maybe 6 years. His time as an NFL coordinator was an interim tag just like Freddie  

I could see Freddie being #1 if your talking about hire and situation. Freddie has by far the best situation out of all the coaches. One of, if not the best young QB and prolly the best GM to work with. 

Also Freddie has no learning curve with the team. Can’t hit the ground running unlike the other guys

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

There both poo with experience

Freddie has at least been coaching in the NFL since 06’ and broke in with an amazing group of coaches. That 06’ cowboys staff was pretty unreal.

Freddie has also been around and worked with QBs like Romo Warner and Palmer 

Freddie also showed, be it that it was a short sample size but that his offense was top tier

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Freddie has at least been coaching in the NFL since 06’ and broke in with an amazing group of coaches. That 06’ cowboys staff was pretty unreal.

Freddie has also been around and worked with QBs like Romo Warner and Palmer 

Freddie also showed, be it that it was a short sample size but that his offense was top tier

but has he coached with Sean McVay. all jokes aside i like Freddie, he has a advantage with knowing the players and they knowing the language. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bruce Arians 

Green Bay Packers - Matt LaFleur 

Cleveland Browns - Freddie Kitchens 

Cincinnati Bengals - Zac Taylor

Arizona Cardinals - Kliff Kingsbury

New York Jets- Adam Gase

I don't like defensive head coaches, so they are last

Denver Broncos - Vic Fangio

Miami Dolphins - Brian Flores 

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Cutting Dalton and signing Foles would be a lateral move at best. I'm also wary of Foles' Philadelphia success under Pederson in general, considering the guy hasn't been able to succeed without him. Maybe I'm wrong. Eagles fans help me out here. 

Dalton will perpetually get slandered by the public and crucified for past playoff play - that I must come to terms with. But he's not nearly as bad as common perception would lead you to believe. I don't think Taylor would take this job otherwise.

Dalton has ZERO dead cap so its a free release.

He is one of the worst playoff QBs in NFL history on merit.

• 0-4   55.7% completion   1 TD  6 picks and a 57.8 rating.
  • He also took 12 sacks and fumbled 4 times.
  • He only faced 1 statistically impressive defense in those 4 games (2011 Texans)

Dalton had a very good 2015 regular season. He was crap in the playoff game after.

The rest of his career is nothing special.

26 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Dalton has ZERO dead cap so its a free release.

He is one of the worst playoff QBs in NFL history on merit.

• 0-4   55.7% completion   1 TD  6 picks and a 57.8 rating.
  • He also took 12 sacks and fumbled 4 times.
  • He only faced 1 statistically impressive defense in those 4 games (2011 Texans)

Dalton had a very good 2015 regular season. He was crap in the playoff game after.

The rest of his career is nothing special.

Yeah, he was also very young in those contests. He’s matured since then, and he’s much better now in numerous ways. I don’t know if the playoff monkey is off his back, but using statistics that include his rookie season against him is unfair. He’s damn near 30 now. 

I think he’s good enough to make a run under the right circumstances.

I hope a 31 year old QB gets much better in year 9 vs the 30 year old 2017 SB MVP who has beaten the best D in the league in the playoffs 2 years in a row.

That's a tough call.

I think someone should pick up Dalton and start him. He is CLEARLY one of the best 32 QBs. (probably top 20) I just think Cincy should move on.

20 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yeah, he was also very young in those contests. He’s matured since then, and he’s much better now in numerous ways. I don’t know if the playoff monkey is off his back, but using statistics that include his rookie season against him is unfair. He’s damn near 30 now. 

I think he’s good enough to make a run under the right circumstances.

Nah, we should ignore that. Just like we should ignore the fact that 3 of those 4 playoff appearances were away games. Or the fact that 2 of those were against top-6 and 5 defenses going into the playoffs against a Watt led HOU. Which both btw was loud as well in HOU because of his college ties to TCU which amped up the crowd even more. Or the fact that, IRRC, there were about 7-8 dropped passes in the first game and in crucial moments -- I remember those because some were on Benson and as a Bears fan I cannot stand him and was happy to see his *** fail. 

But's let's ignore all of that because of box scorez.

I am in no way a fan of Dalton. But I cannot stand it when I see people who are clearly only  box score scouting in order try an prove a point while ignoring or dismissing other important factors involved.

Archived