My rankings of the 8 Coaching hires and post your own too!

brownie man

On 1/15/2019 at 9:48 PM, SkippyX said:

Dalton had a very good 2015 regular season. He was crap in the playoff game after.

Yes, he had 0 yards in that 2015 playoff game.  How freaking terrible is that!?!

On 1/15/2019 at 9:48 PM, SkippyX said:

Dalton has ZERO dead cap so its a free release.

He is one of the worst playoff QBs in NFL history on merit.

All joking aside, i agree with this.  He's been horrible in the playoffs.  So if Taylor decides to cut bait and go in another direction, i'm fine with that.

Personally, i'd like to see Dalton in the playoffs again for two reasons:

1) Marvin is gone - how much of the playoff monkey stuff was due to Marvin freezing up in the spotlight?  The Bengals playoff and night game issues date back to the beginning of his tenure with Carson Palmer.
2) We haven't seen Dalton in a playoff game since his great 2015 season (including that season - he broke his hand in the regular season.  AJ McCarron started that playoff game).

EDIT: 

Bengals under Marvin Lewis in prime-time games or playoffs: 10-31
w/ Carson Palmer: 4-11 (26%)
w/ Andy Dalton: 6-20 (23%)

I'd wager it was more Marvin, but Andy played a hand in it for sure.

Back on topic.  Here's how i'd rank em, even though this is probably harder to predict than draft prospects.

New York Jets- Adam Gase 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bruce Arians 

Cleveland Browns - Freddie Kitches 

Cincinnati Bengals - Zac Taylor

Denver Broncos - Vic Fangio

Miami Dolphins - Brian Flores 

Green Bay Packers - Matt Lafleur 

Arizona Cardinals - Kliff Kingsbury

13 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Cleveland had a top 5 offense? Interesting. 

I know they have a good amount of talent after having all that money to spend and top picks for years.

Yeah, second half of the year DVOA had them 2nd behind Kansas City. And it's true, stinking (and finally hitting on the picks we got for stinking) seems to be about to pay off. Can't know for sure, but they were on pace for a 10 win season once Hue and Haley got fired. And that was with facing the 5th hardest schedule in the league by win %. It's Cleveland, I get it, but it sure seems like there is some serious breakout potential.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Back on topic.  Here's how i'd rank em, even though this is probably harder to predict than draft prospects.

Gase being #1 is the one I just don't get. His players seem to have hated him in Miami, his "success" in the league is as a veteran Peyton Manning's QB coach/OC, and he failed in his only stint so far as a HC. I guess I would understand putting him in the middle of the pack, but #1 just doesn't make sense.

18 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Gase being #1 is the one I just don't get. His players seem to have hated him in Miami, his "success" in the league is as a veteran Peyton Manning's QB coach/OC, and he failed in his only stint so far as a HC. I guess I would understand putting him in the middle of the pack, but #1 just doesn't make sense.

That's fair.  I thought that it was impressive that the Dolphins were at least respectful during the times Tannehill was healthy.  They went down the crapper when he was hurt.  Overall i thought he got kind of an unfair deal, so for the Jets to take a chance on him in a year where there were no hot names was smart.  To me anyway.

But we'll see how it all works out.

EDIT: i should also point out that he went 6-10 with Jay Cutler driving the ship.  Not 2010 Jay Cutler either, but 2017 IDGAF i just want to throw picks and collect my game check Jay Cutler.

That's pretty impressive to me as well.

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

That's fair.  I thought that it was impressive that the Dolphins were at least respectful during the times Tannehill was healthy.  They went down the crapper when he was hurt.  Overall i thought he got kind of an unfair deal, so for the Jets to take a chance on him in a year where there were no hot names was smart.  To me anyway.

But we'll see how it all works out.

EDIT: i should also point out that he went 6-10 with Jay Cutler driving the ship.  Not 2010 Jay Cutler either, but 2017 IDGAF i just want to throw picks and collect my game check Jay Cutler.

That's pretty impressive to me as well.

Definitely possible. I do agree that he kinda got a bum deal with Tannehill and Darnold is already looking much more promising. Like I said, I think I would get him being middle of the pack. I just think some of the others should pretty clearly be above him, especially Arians.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, buno67 said:

Before I thought Cincy had the worst hiring but I believe it’s Miami now. The staff Flores is putting together seems pretty garbage. 

I don't think Flores is ready to be a HC but might be good for tank for Trevor.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:27 AM, SBLIII said:

I don't think Flores is ready to be a HC but might be good for tank for Trevor.

For a two year tank job? Should have just hired Caldwell. Don’t ruin the young guy. He might never be able to recover from it

Archived