Nathaniel James Hackett - Packers Offensive Coordinating Coach

incognito_man

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hackett's perceived issues were that he only called passes with 5 yard crossing routes as the primary option and runs up the middle.

Must have been allot of passes then to get to 17th in the league in passing in 17. Obviously they did more then suggested, i get the grief that Hacket is getting but 17 was some pretty good stuff with what looked like a bad offensive team.

Oh well I'll look a our glass as half full. Hopefully betweeh MLF and NH we can change our culture, get our HOF QB back on track and turn things around. worst case maybe we get a heck of a defense together and do what the BEARS did lets just stop teams from scoring on us. Then we can just run those short crossers.

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hiring an offensive coaching staff because you want to get back to running the football is a big problem.

From what I understand of LaFleur, the idea isn't simply running the football for the sake of it; it's running the ball to set up the pass (with an emphasis on the PA pass).

Basically the inverse of what McCarthy's approach was, which might have made sense back when our WR corps was Driver, Jennings, Jordy, Jones, and Cobb, but is far less sensible when the WR is Adams plus a lot of rookies and the OL as a unit excels more at run-blocking than pass-pro. No reason McCarthy could not have recognized that and adjusted, but the guy just did not get it, so... new coaching staff it is.

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hackett's perceived issues were that he only called passes with 5 yard crossing routes as the primary option and runs up the middle.

42 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think hackett's perceived "issues" in Jax were that he was passing "too much" with a terrible qb and he was forced to reign things in as a directive from coughlin and the direction they decided to go with Fournette.

Don't think lafleur plans to run it that much.

50 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

from McGinn:

"In 2017, Hackett’s only full season calling plays in Jacksonville, the Jaguars finished 1st in rushing, 17th in passing, 6th in yards and 5th in points.

Hackett brings elements of his father’s deep roots in the West Coast passing game together with Jon Gruden’s alterations of Mike Holmgren’s system and Marrone’s play-action passing attack "

Heh heh, wide range of possible perceptions and landscapes.  :) He throws too much, or he throws too little??? 

He's done little, because he's bad?  Or he's done little, because he's never had a QB?  

I'm an optimist, so totally I want to hope.  So I'm totally hoping that he's been and will be an effective guy!  That he's done as well as possible given the lousy talent he's had to work with.  And that he'll have excellent talent to work with future in Green Bay, and will get tons of productivity out of it.  :)  I sure hope so.  

Obviously it's possible that he'll have lousy talent to work with in Green Bay, too.  That as usual all draft capital will again go to defense.  That Rodgers is declining and will function as a hopelessly inaccurate passer, working behind an aging, thin, and chronically injured o-line.  

But I'm hoping that the line will have zero injuries this year, that Rodgers will be healthy, that the line will be improved for next year, that the draft will spend some 1st-2nd day picks (plural?) on offense, that the offense will be relatively uncompromised injury-wise next year, and that some new coaching ideas will help too.  Why not?  

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Cons:

- Uninspiring record as coordinator 

- Conservative (how much of that is on Marrone?)

- Predictable playcalling, run run pass (that won't matter with us)

- Zero creativity - common complaint from Bills and Jags fans. (I'm hoping LaFleur and Rodgers will compensate for this)

- I will say it again, really uninspiring record as coordinator. Bills and Jags fans don't rate him at all.

Which can all be at least partially attributed to working with a QB who is better suited to be working construction and rippin' cigs.

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from McGinn:

"In 2017, Hackett’s only full season calling plays in Jacksonville, the Jaguars finished 1st in rushing, 17th in passing, 6th in yards and 5th in points... "

Not to be a negativist, but I believe these were volume stats, as opposed to per-snap stats?  What I'm thinking here is that team had a REALLY strong defense. When the defense is forcing tons of 1-2-3-punts, the offense gets a lot more cracks at it?  And maybe with good field position?  

Speaking of Lambeau - it reminded me of this series of books that are a great read and really dive into the early years. I believe there are 4 books in the series. If you can find them you won't regret it. Everything from on the field, to stories like the fans leaving their house lights on to welcome the team home from road trips (they took trains) Don't let the cover fool you, these are legit.

1990-History+of+Packers-A.jpg

1990-History+of+Packers-C.jpg

55 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Must have been allot of passes then to get to 17th in the league in passing in 17. Obviously they did more then suggested, i get the grief that Hacket is getting but 17 was some pretty good stuff with what looked like a bad offensive team.

Oh well I'll look a our glass as half full. Hopefully betweeh MLF and NH we can change our culture, get our HOF QB back on track and turn things around. worst case maybe we get a heck of a defense together and do what the BEARS did lets just stop teams from scoring on us. Then we can just run those short crossers.

Were they that bad of a team? Good backs, good line, pretty good receivers. Had the pieces except QB.

Archived