Nathaniel James Hackett - Packers Offensive Coordinating Coach

incognito_man

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Without looking it up, name 5 offensive players on that roster.

I get the point...will try...

Spiller?  Fred Jackson?  EJ Manuel?  Sammy Watkins?  Goodwin?  (Or was that pre-Sammy and Goodwin)  Jason Peters come over before then?  Ryan Fitzpatrick?

That's a tough one...going from memory.

I used to be a lot harder on, look at the teams coach X was on and how their offense/defense/qb played but I as I have really come toconsider is the politics involved. You can be an outstanding worker but if your boss wants you to do it differently than you would and to that point affect performance negatively, you still follow your boss. These opportunities are rare, you don’t get to hand pick your situation unless you’re proven or connected you are just hoping for a chance. Then when you get that chance, you’re the new unproven guy, you don’t get to make the big calls, you do as you’re told. All of these past performance stats that are looked mean very little in regard to future performance in n a completely different environment

Just now, Chili said:

Yay!! and the point of this exercise was.....

To show you how bad that Bills' roster was.  There's only so much you can do when you're limited in terms of personnel.  How much success does Sean Payton have in Tennessee this year?  Probably not much.

Saw someone else post this.

Jags fans:

Marrone canned him as scapegoat. Then benches Bortles a game later. The order of things done around here lately are completely backwards. He will have success with Rodgers for sure.

After we sacked him we got worse.

Last year he did a pretty good job scheming WRs open from bunch sets and what not. Even just that would be a big help to getting Rodgers back on track.

He may be an asset with someone else calling the plays.

I thought Hackett had some really good opening scripts and play design in 2017, kind of hard to truly judge how good he is based on how awful the Qbs he's had are.

Good for him, he was not the problem here, it was the trash he had to work with except cam robinson, brandon Linder and dede westbrook.

Bills fans:

In defense of the move, I seem to recall that after Marrone left, some players claimed Hackett would draw up creative plays every week and put them in the game plan, and Marrone would never use them.

I think Marrone held Hackett back alot. Always wondered to what degree, but my assumption was it was a high one. I'm very curious to see how this goes. Either way we'll have an answer in the near future

Say what you want about Nate Hackett, but go back and look at any of the All 22 footage either from when he was here or in Jax and you'll see pass game schemes that had guys running open all the time. I think, like any OC would, he's gonna do much better with Aaron Rodgers at QB vs. EJ, Lewis, Tuel, Orton, or Bortells.

I will say this, When Hackett was here, our screens were crazy good but we ran way to much. I think Dougie screwed Hackett more then Hackett screwed Hackett.

he does a nice job of scheming players open, but with Doug Marrone as his head cause as well as a terrible QB (EJ Manuel, Kyle Ortin, Blake Bortles) it seemed too run heavy at times not very dynamic.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Saw someone else post this.

Jags fans:

Marrone canned him as scapegoat. Then benches Bortles a game later. The order of things done around here lately are completely backwards. He will have success with Rodgers for sure.

After we sacked him we got worse.

Last year he did a pretty good job scheming WRs open from bunch sets and what not. Even just that would be a big help to getting Rodgers back on track.

He may be an asset with someone else calling the plays.

I thought Hackett had some really good opening scripts and play design in 2017, kind of hard to truly judge how good he is based on how awful the Qbs he's had are.

Good for him, he was not the problem here, it was the trash he had to work with except cam robinson, brandon Linder and dede westbrook.

Bills fans:

In defense of the move, I seem to recall that after Marrone left, some players claimed Hackett would draw up creative plays every week and put them in the game plan, and Marrone would never use them.

I think Marrone held Hackett back alot. Always wondered to what degree, but my assumption was it was a high one. I'm very curious to see how this goes. Either way we'll have an answer in the near future

Say what you want about Nate Hackett, but go back and look at any of the All 22 footage either from when he was here or in Jax and you'll see pass game schemes that had guys running open all the time. I think, like any OC would, he's gonna do much better with Aaron Rodgers at QB vs. EJ, Lewis, Tuel, Orton, or Bortells.

I will say this, When Hackett was here, our screens were crazy good but we ran way to much. I think Dougie screwed Hackett more then Hackett screwed Hackett.

he does a nice job of scheming players open, but with Doug Marrone as his head cause as well as a terrible QB (EJ Manuel, Kyle Ortin, Blake Bortles) it seemed too run heavy at times not very dynamic.

Seems to me some fans seem to think Marrone was to blame along with QB play. Not sure how to tell if that is accurate, but an interesting point to observe.

Archived