You're an OC. What kind of offense do you run?

y*so*blu

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Why stop there? Why not use PA every passing play? lol

WHERE IS THE FULLBACK for your 70% run offense? 

Some plays from the basic I-formation withe the two of the TE's getting a breather from the WR2 and pure FB. (A TE could also play FB. My offense would carry 5 TE and 3 WR. Usually its the other way around)

To set the scene, I'm going to assume I've taken over role of OC for the Saints when Carmichael gets hired as HC of the Patriots after constructing a game plan that leads to a 55-28 point victory over his soon to be team in Super Bowl 53. I'm also assuming, naturally, that Sean Payton has handed over full control of the offense to me. Thank you, Mr. Payton. I'm also going to assume Drew Brees has retired, otherwise why would they be bringing in a guru such as myself to right the ship.

Basically I'd run a scheme similar to what they have now, looking for a more athletic QB. I'd use more rollouts and sprint outs and constantly move the pocket and forcing the d-line to pursue. Lots of Pre-snap RPO like the Saints run now. I'd ask my QB to take easy rushing yards when they're there, either by beating his man to the edge or stepping through the d-line and sliding when the LBers stepped up to stop him. Most my deep shots would be off of play action. I'd spread the field horizontally and look for HBs that have good vision and can make people miss, HB would need to be a good pass blocker and be comfortable catching balls in the flats as a primary read or a checkdown option.

1st half would be about 65/35 pass/run. Lots of moving the pocket, dink and dunk, easy reads, RPO. As the 2nd half went on I'd skew more run heavy to attack a hopefully tired defensive line and forcing the LBers to step up to hit them with play action.

Don't run on first down (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-called-a-run-on-first-down-youre-already-screwed/).

Otherwise, basically do what the Pats do - get yourself a downhill RB, receiving RB, a solid TE, a solid slot receiver, and somebody fast, and you've got somebody to center any gameplan around. I'd pass a lot, personally, out of 12 personnel with some heavy doses of play action.

i’m a very adventurous, aggressive mind for football and that’d show - the tenets of my offense would be to out-confuse and out-fitness my opposition in eleven personnel, and i’d have a big bodied jump ball TE, one receiver who’s a deep threat, one who’s a possession man, and ideally a speed demon

the confusion comes with my tight routes close to the tackles, a lot of crossing routes and at the line pick plays to scheme guys open, zigzagging routes and such to prevent the opposition from really being able to run a solid man defense

the fitness is with my outside guys. i’d run a lot of routes like curl, corner, post, etc, where db’s have to be running running running running, and lots of no huddle so they can’t rotate or catch their breath. i’d have my guys in peak physical condition and focus lots on that in the offseason to run the fastest tempo offense there ever is

and i would employ hecka cool trick plays including but not limited to a swinging gate screen 

18 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If I were a coach of a terrible team, I would run a trick play offense. So much so that an isolation play would shock teams.

The spin offense is your ideal ideal offense then lol

http://coachsomebody.com/2014/09/plymouth-triple-spin-series/

by far one of the dumbest offenses I have ever seen. Just line up run a triple offense packaged with the same stack I

Going back to my opinion. I would be a 20 Pistol spread type offense or a straight stack I with option

I’m lining my QB mostly in the pistol formation with 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 RB. I would run a lot of jet motion and RPOs. Route concepts would mostly be WCO with some Air Raid mixed in. I’d try and have a balanced mix of running and passing. 

We’d run a lot of no huddle also.

Archived