Jump to content
Horseunit

Who the Browns are showing interest in.

Recommended Posts

Just wanted to get this started.

So far Day one East West Shrine Game.

Browns scheduled prospect meetings:

Tre Watson LB Maryland 6'2 236

-Mayland LB Tre Watson‘s frame and movement skills were really impressive. In an NFL where offenses and predicated on pace and space, he has the makeup of a guy that would excel on the second level.

Jon Duhart WR Old Dominion 6'3 210

-I don’t know how athletic he is, but Old Dominion’s Jon Duhart caught the ball really well in team periods, making a couple smooth adjustments at the catch point. He has a big, power forward type frames, but I don’t know that he will star in the athletic testing.

Brian Wallace OT Arkansas 6'6 320

Saquan Hampton S Rutgers 6'1 207

Derick Roberson DE Sam Houston State 6'4 250

Edited by Horseunit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas A&M linebacker Otaro Alaka

Northern Illinois linebacker Sutton Smith

Ohio State wide receiver Terry McLaurin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additional players we met with at Shrine Week

According to Jeff Risdon, the team also met with Cincinnati defensive tackle Cortez Broughton (6-foot-2, 290), Akron linebacker Ulysses Gilbert III (6-foot-1, 230), Buffalo linebacker Khalil Hodge (6-foot-1, 235), CSU Fresno wide receiver KeeSean Johnson (6-foot-2, 199), Toledo cornerback Ka'dar Hollman (6-foot, 190), Kansas defensive tackle Daniel Wise (6-foot-3, 290), Texas defensive tackle Chris Nelson (6-foot-1, 315), Utah kicker Matthew Gay (6-foot, 230) and Georgia wide receiver Terry Godwin (5-foot-11, 185).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Additional players we met with at Shrine Week

According to Jeff Risdon, the team also met with Cincinnati defensive tackle Cortez Broughton (6-foot-2, 290), Akron linebacker Ulysses Gilbert III (6-foot-1, 230), Buffalo linebacker Khalil Hodge (6-foot-1, 235), CSU Fresno wide receiver KeeSean Johnson (6-foot-2, 199), Toledo cornerback Ka'dar Hollman (6-foot, 190), Kansas defensive tackle Daniel Wise (6-foot-3, 290), Texas defensive tackle Chris Nelson (6-foot-1, 315), Utah kicker Matthew Gay (6-foot, 230) and Georgia wide receiver Terry Godwin (5-foot-11, 185).

Matt Gay could be our savior at kicker. He is one of a few kickers I have watched that I was actually impressed with. He may very well be the best IMO. Glad we are looking at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Matt Gay could be our savior at kicker. He is one of a few kickers I have watched that I was actually impressed with. He may very well be the best IMO. Glad we are looking at him.

This forum can totally handle having a kicker named Gay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NudeTayne said:

This forum can totally handle having a kicker named Gay...

 

5 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

awkward_wood.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This forum can totally handle having a kicker named Gay...

We’ve Ben there, done that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Additional players we met with at Shrine Week

According to Jeff Risdon, the team also met with Cincinnati defensive tackle Cortez Broughton (6-foot-2, 290), Akron linebacker Ulysses Gilbert III (6-foot-1, 230), Buffalo linebacker Khalil Hodge (6-foot-1, 235), CSU Fresno wide receiver KeeSean Johnson (6-foot-2, 199), Toledo cornerback Ka'dar Hollman (6-foot, 190), Kansas defensive tackle Daniel Wise (6-foot-3, 290), Texas defensive tackle Chris Nelson (6-foot-1, 315), Utah kicker Matthew Gay (6-foot, 230) and Georgia wide receiver Terry Godwin (5-foot-11, 185).

Daniel Wise tore up Shrine game practice all week. That's a mid-round disruptor that I could absolutely see the Browns take a flyer on.

KeeSean Johnson tickles my fancy. Also had a great week of practice, tremendous production and traits. Will be fascinated to see how he tests.

Terry Godwin has a good week and he stole the show in the game with two big TD's. 

Clearly, the Browns are looking into adding multiple types of WR's this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-upping this thread since we should be hearing whom the Browns have had meetings with at the combine in the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 10:02 AM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Clearly, the Browns are looking into adding multiple types of WR's this year...

Don't think that follows.

Looking at different types, maybe, but not so much looking to add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Don't think that follows.

Looking at different types, maybe, but not so much looking to add.

Stop it Bruce you're going to sadden me.

I would guess they draft 1-2 receivers, depending how things play out. This receiving class is deep. Hell, you could find a UDFA with great upside.

I am so excited to see who separates themselves in Indy this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also met several times with Ryan Pope at the shrine game, OT SDSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×