Who the Browns are showing interest in.

Horseunit

On 1/22/2019 at 9:38 PM, Horseunit said:

Additional players we met with at Shrine Week

According to Jeff Risdon, the team also met with Cincinnati defensive tackle Cortez Broughton (6-foot-2, 290), Akron linebacker Ulysses Gilbert III (6-foot-1, 230), Buffalo linebacker Khalil Hodge (6-foot-1, 235), CSU Fresno wide receiver KeeSean Johnson (6-foot-2, 199), Toledo cornerback Ka'dar Hollman (6-foot, 190), Kansas defensive tackle Daniel Wise (6-foot-3, 290), Texas defensive tackle Chris Nelson (6-foot-1, 315), Utah kicker Matthew Gay (6-foot, 230) and Georgia wide receiver Terry Godwin (5-foot-11, 185).

Daniel Wise is a guy I really want.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:38 PM, Horseunit said:

Additional players we met with at Shrine Week

According to Jeff Risdon, the team also met with Cincinnati defensive tackle Cortez Broughton (6-foot-2, 290), Akron linebacker Ulysses Gilbert III (6-foot-1, 230), Buffalo linebacker Khalil Hodge (6-foot-1, 235), CSU Fresno wide receiver KeeSean Johnson (6-foot-2, 199), Toledo cornerback Ka'dar Hollman (6-foot, 190), Kansas defensive tackle Daniel Wise (6-foot-3, 290), Texas defensive tackle Chris Nelson (6-foot-1, 315), Utah kicker Matthew Gay (6-foot, 230) and Georgia wide receiver Terry Godwin (5-foot-11, 185).

Your next Genard Avery type pick is in this group

add Dillard and Taylor to the list.  Apparently meet with them today.

CLE.gif Cleveland Browns
  • Like 1

Do we have any data going back the last few years on guys that we've met with and HAVE ended up drafting? I feel like we see lists like this every year but then I'm so distracted by who we draft/sign that I completely discard lists like these.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Do we have any data going back the last few years on guys that we've met with and HAVE ended up drafting? I feel like we see lists like this every year but then I'm so distracted by who we draft/sign that I completely discard lists like these.

i think theres a decent correlation between private visits. 

• Like 1

Count Toward 30-Player Limit to Berea Headquarters:

1. QB Sam Darnold
  2. QB Baker Mayfield
  3. QB Josh Rosen
  4. QB Josh Allen
  5. QB Lamar Jackson
  6. WR Antonio Callaway
  7. WR Da’Mari Scott 
  8. OT Desmond Harrison
  9. OT Jordan Mailata
  10. DT Vita Vea
  11. DT Maurice Hurst
  12. DT P.J. Hall
  13. DT Zaycoven Henderson
  14. DT Jullian Taylor
  15. CB Arrion Springs
  16. CB Tremon Smith
  17. CB Simeon Thomas
  18. CB Charvarius Ward
  19. FS Tarvarius Moore

Everyone highlighted in orange I believe has been on the team or practice squad at one point during the season.

Edited by Horseunit
  • Like 3

So, I'd assume that we'd be best served meeting with about 5-7 1st round prospects and then we'd draft whichever one was there (our #1 rated guy), and then I'd say that we'd be relatively locks to draft a few of those other mid-round types, assuming history is an indicator?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

So, I'd assume that we'd be best served meeting with about 5-7 1st round prospects and then we'd draft whichever one was there (our #1 rated guy), and then I'd say that we'd be relatively locks to draft a few of those other mid-round types, assuming history is an indicator?

Those are Berea visits, not combine visits. I think we can assume they meet with far more players than just those reported while in Indy or down south for Shrine and Senior Bowl games. But it will be interesting to see who they bring in to  Berea. There certainly are a handful of names they drafted that did NOT visit Berea last year.

11 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

So when I asked Oli Udoh if he’d talked to the Browns, he said yes.

At the East-West Shrine Game. And at the Senior Bowl. And at the NFL Combine.

I really like him as a later round prospect.  one of our 5ths?

Also with Robinson at LT and Hubbard at RT it seems perfect to have Harrison behind Robinson and Udoh behind Hubbard, future possible starters learning behind possible stop gap starters...

• Like 2