Who the Browns are showing interest in.

Horseunit

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No he’s fine, but you could likely get similar production from a day 2 pick with a year of seasoning and he’d cost a mil or two a year.

I'd be down for that. 

I like the idea of drafting to replace guys a year early rather than a year late. 

What we did with Corbett, to a lesser extent chubb, even Chad Thomas. 

Id love for us to get a c, fs, lb, rb, ss, cb, this year to replace fa needs for next year. The eagles and ravens have done that for years.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

We can draft a tackle and decide which one to keep put of Robinson or Hubbard, or neither if Harrison improves. 

Furthermore hubbard would have some trade value, erving got a 5th he could get the same for Hubbard. 

A comp pick for Robinson ig he plays average, something like a 4th-5th. 

We get to restock the team focus on pir core, myles, Baker, Denzel, larry o.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If Kareem tears it up thos year I'd love to see if we could trade him for a 2nd and a 4th. 

He is one of our few trade peices at position of depth.

Trade him how?  He comes back after the trade deadline, we would have to agree to a new contract to trade him and they won't so that just to trade him.  

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I don't think Adam Henry and OBJ are hitting the club together though.  Something tells me if Henry left Cleveland, OBJ would be a little less affected than if his best buddy did. 

I don’t think OBJ needs Jarvis to hit up the clubs tho. 

Was OBJ that heart broken when him and Jarvis didn’t get drafted by the same team?

if the browns are winning and OBJ is getting his share, he will be fine if Jarvis is gone. They both know it’s a business. OBJ should be excited that he even had the chance to play with Jarvis in the Pros. I also don’t see Jarvis leaving.  I would see his contract getting reworked before he is straight up moved on from

31 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

They won't even need to rework Landry's contract until 2021.  And by then, if he is unwilling and they decide to move on OBJ will be just fine as long as we are winning.  

Who knows, if the cap keeps increasing that may not even be a bad deal by then.

No need to worry about that stuff now though.

8 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

They won't even need to rework Landry's contract until 2021.  And by then, if he is unwilling and they decide to move on OBJ will be just fine as long as we are winning.  

I wouldn't be surprised if a few or more players will be flexible about contracts if we are winning.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a few or more players will be flexible about contracts if we are winning.

Baker and Myles will be the keys tbh.

If Baker is willing to make Brady money we may really be in business.

I get these guys wanting all they can get, but realistically a guy only needs so much money.  There’s not much of a functional difference between 200 million vs 350 million when it’s all said and done tbh.

Id rather have the 200 million and a Brady-like legacy than the money and far less success.

• Like 1

I think baker would be willing to take less money for the betterment of the team, part of the reason I think this is due to the fact that the better the team does the bigger his brand becomes and the more marketable he is. Look at Gronk he live his whole career on only spending his endorsement money due to how marketable he is, and baker can exceed that 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I think baker would be willing to take less money for the betterment of the team, part of the reason I think this is due to the fact that the better the team does the bigger his brand becomes and the more marketable he is. Look at Gronk he live his whole career on only spending his endorsement money due to how marketable he is, and baker can exceed that 

These guys make so much money the only reason to insist on top dollar is ego tbh, it has nothing to do with financial security. Hell Baker, Myles and Ward should all be “secure” after their rookie deal (I’m being generous here).

“Average” starting QB money (20/yr) for an 8-12 years (post rookie deal) is more than enough for your kid’s kids to never have to work a day in their life if you don’t burn through it like an arsebag.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

These guys make so much money the only reason to insist on top dollar is ego tbh, it has nothing to do with financial security. Hell Baker, Myles and Ward should all be “secure” after their rookie deal (I’m being generous here).

“Average” starting QB money (20/yr) for an 8-12 years (post rookie deal) is more than enough for your kid’s kids to never have to work a day in their life if you don’t burn through it like an arsebag.

Ego, you say?

Thank goodness for ego.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm just going to come out and say it:

I hope the Browns draft LJ Scott Day 3. I think he could become a great RB in the NFL, and at worst, becomes a serviceable "thumper" RB and insurance for Chubb until Hunt comes back.

Anyone recall his Scott's Instagram post from a couple years ago where he essentially said he was just playing football for the scholarship? Certainly there's possibility that he has since realized his window to make the NFL, but it is concerning nonetheless. Especially when John Dorsey goes out of his way to highlight the importance of prospects who love the game of football.