Who the Browns are showing interest in.

Horseunit

7 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

As a high school student, I only applied to one college: THE Ohio State University. Many found this strategy foolish.

Me? I knew where I was going, applying elsewhere was a waste of time.

John Dorsey is a man who knows what he wants.

@Webby for multiple FF accounts.

If only you hadn't admitted it publicly like this. Tayne was actually starting to come around on @MistaBohmbastic. Oh well. At least Dizzy is back.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Tayne is breaking this story right now: Stephen Denmark will be a Cleveland Brown.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Browns supposedly are very high on Darnell savage. Freak athlete at safety. Ran a 4.36

LOVE in Day 3, Like in Round 3....Ehh in Round 2.

Crazy how much difference a round makes. As BTC will attest, calling Savage "raw" could be a bit of an understatement. No doubt the potential is there and he will be in a great environment where he can afford to make mistakes and concentrate on learning from them rather than losing his team the game or his self esteem.

I’m not enamored really with any of these safeties being discussed for day 2. I really think most of them wouldn’t be consistent to BPA and are more realistic as round 4 guys. Lots of round 3-5 safeties in this draft to me, closely graded and with their own faults. At this point unless someone very unexpected falls, I’d prefer not to hear of us taking a safety until at least round 3, preferably 4.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not enamored really with any of these safeties being discussed for day 2. I really think most of them wouldn’t be consistent to BPA and are more realistic as round 4 guys. Lots of round 3-5 safeties in this draft to me, closely graded and with their own faults. At this point unless someone very unexpected falls, I’d prefer not to hear of us taking a safety until at least round 3, preferably 4.

I think the Browns will look for upside over immediate impact. They have Eric Murray and Burnett who will undoubtedly see snaps back there as well. Guys like Amani Hooker or Savage for the right value (Mid Day 3-ish), that's worth an opportunity. These guys aren't exactly NFL Ready but theres reason to believe they can become good in this league IMO.

EDIT: I also don't want to discount the possibility of a small school guy, such as Hassel (Thanks @Dorseunit) around the same range - I have no issue with "Reaching" for an athlete like that in Round 5-6 if he passes Dorsey's evaluations.

Edited by MistaBohmbastic
Wham bam thank you ma'am
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah I’m still liking th potential OL, DL, and WR talent better in general tbh.

I realize the need is not as high at those spots, but that’s probably where I’m looking.

• Like 1

local pro day

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-get-final-look-at-nearby-prospects-with-local-pro-day

Position Name School
WR Dorian Baker Kentucky
WR Johnnie Dixon Ohio State
WR Andy Isabella Massachusetts
WR Brandon Mitchell Akron
WR Kwadarrius Smith Akron
WR Cody Thompson Toledo
TE C.J. Conrad Kentucky
TE Mykel Traylor-Bennett Akron
T Joe Lowery Ohio
G Michael Jordan Ohio State
G Kyle Ritz Akron
C Dakota Tallman Eastern Michigan
OL Malcolm Pridgeon Ohio State
RB Marcus Jones Gannon
DE John Cominsky Charleston (W. Va.)
DE Walter Brady Akron
DE Vincent Ellis Notre Dame College
DL Dre'Mont Jones Ohio State
DL Jimmy Thomas John Carroll
DT Marquise Copeland Cincinnati
DT Brennan Williams Akron
DT Charles Wright Vanderbilt
NT Kalil Morris Kent State
OLB Dante Booker Ohio State
OLB Jamal Davis Akron
OLB Brandon Harris Bowling Green
OLB Andrew Dowell Michigan State
OLB Ulysees Gilbert Akron
OLB Jim Jones Kent State
MLB Brian Bell Akron
CB Kyron Brown Akron
CB Dylan Mabin Fordham
CB Jonte Pooler Charleston (W. Va.)
CB Dante Redwood Mercyhurst
FS Jordan George Akron
K Nick Gasser Akron
K Sean Nuernberger

Ohio State

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

DE Walter Brady Akron

Puzzling, was thought to be one of the next great rushers coming out of Mizzou to bouncing to MTSU then Akron. Has talent but clearly something is going on with him, maybe he can rekindle that high level play with stability

26 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I would be freaking over the moon if this were to happen

Adderly is incredibly twitched up for a safety. I feel like he plays 150mph and you can tell he has some experience at cornerback maybe earlier in his career. Reminds me a little bit of Budda Baker coming out with his versatility. 

Im also not sure with Randall/Burnett/Murray where any high round safety would fit on this team unless they plan on not paying Randall. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Adderly is incredibly twitched up for a safety. I feel like he plays 150mph and you can tell he has some experience at cornerback maybe earlier in his career. Reminds me a little bit of Budda Baker coming out with his versatility. 

Im also not sure with Randall/Burnett/Murray where any high round safety would fit on this team unless they plan on not paying Randall. 

Randall is 2019 Zeitler, confirmed.

Edited by NudeTayne
dead man walking