AFC Championship GDT

onejayhawk

Such a heartbreaker. 

All year long I’ve heard comparisons to this team and the Royals. The Royals lost in the 9th with a runner on 3rd in 2014. We lost in OT to the Pats tonight.

I’m tired of being a “we’ll do better next year” team. But Mahomes was in his first year and with some defensive additions we should replicate if not do better next year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Such a heartbreaker. 

All year long I’ve heard comparisons to this team and the Royals. The Royals lost in the 9th with a runner on 3rd in 2014. We lost in OT to the Pats tonight.

I’m tired of being a “we’ll do better next year” team. But Mahomes was in his first year and with some defensive additions we should replicate if not do better next year. 

I find that comforting. This was not supposed to be our year. We played the dynasty of the generation and we forced them to man up and play hard. Emerging teams often have a disappointing try before breaking through. See Michael Jordan's Bulls vs the Detroit Pistons 1988-1990. I suspect this is the last time Brady will beat us in the playoffs. Even this year it was a close thing.

J

• Like 2

We kept battling and without a neutral zone infraction we're off to ATL. This one hurts but it should cuz we we're so close. At least we have a great young core led by a great young QB. 

It hurts saying "next year" again but there should be some more optimism, more so than others.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

It hurts saying "next year" again but there should be some more optimism, more so than others.

You guys will have next year for a long time. Not so sure how much longer, if at all, Patriots fans can say that. I always took solace in the idea that next year we stood just as much if not a better chance at a SB. I think the Chiefs are that team moving forward. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

We played the dynasty of the generation and we forced them to man up and play hard. 

The Chiefs battled the Patriots to an absolute standstill. The Chiefs made superb adjustments at halftime to slow down Michel and White. Brady and the Patriots had to dig as deep as they ever have before to ESCAPE with that win. 

The Chiefs are on the rise. They have a great coach and a great quarterback. The two most important pieces to have. 

• Like 2