Kyler Murray

LoganF89

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If he’s there, he’s the pick. The stadium is empty, fan contempt is at an all-time high and everything is eroding. They will think Kyler can fix that. 

If Jay has any say of it - and he may not, but I think he does in who we draft - he won't be the pick. Jay wants a pure pocket passer in his offense. He'd take Lock or Jones over Murray if he has say. I would hope that Jay has final say on the QB we acquire, he should have last year, but he didn't. Jay said we traded for Alex before he even had a chance to evaluate the QB draft class.

If we do draft Murray, he can fix excitement for a year, maybe 2 but I don't think he holds up long term in the NFL at his size. Ppl keep comparing him to Russell Wilson but Wilson out weighs him by 20 to 30 pounds. Wilson is built like a Running Back, Murray is built like a slot WR.

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If Jay has any say of it - and he may not, but I think he does in who we draft - he won't be the pick. Jay wants a pure pocket passer in his offense. He'd take Lock or Jones over Murray if he has say. I would hope that Jay has final say on the QB we acquire, he should have last year, but he didn't. Jay said we traded for Alex before he even had a chance to evaluate the QB draft class.

If we do draft Murray, he can fix excitement for a year, maybe 2 but I don't think he holds up long term in the NFL at his size. Ppl keep comparing him to Russell Wilson but Wilson out weighs him by 20 to 30 pounds. Wilson is built like a Running Back, Murray is built like a slot WR.

Im not saying what I think we should do, I’m saying what I know they will do. And I highly doubt Jay has any say so in the matter as it seems O’Connell will most likely be the head coach in 2020. 

Everyone knows I prefer Drew Lock and I’ve been beating that drum since last season. I just don’t think he’ll be there or that they’ll pick him. Unless Miami picks Murray I’ll be absolutely shocked if he’s not a Redskin. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If Jay has any say of it - and he may not, but I think he does in who we draft

We'll agree to disagree then.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Jay wants a pure pocket passer in his offense. He'd take Lock or Jones over Murray if he has say.

1. Again, probably doesn't have any say in it.
  2. He needs to adjust his offense. No, not because of Murray, but because the class of quarterbacks coming up are moving away from pure pocket passers. Yes, having a guy like that is nice, but they're getting harder and harder to find. He needs to figure out how to make an offense work around a guy who isn't that because that's where the college game is moving. Of course, that implies that he can actually plan/adjust his offense based on the talent he has, which doesn't seem to be the case.

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Im not saying what I think we should do, I’m saying what I know they will do. And I highly doubt Jay has any say so in the matter as it seems O’Connell will most likely be the head coach in 2020. 

Everyone knows I prefer Drew Lock and I’ve been beating that drum since last season. I just don’t think he’ll be there or that they’ll pick him. Unless Miami picks Murray I’ll be absolutely shocked if he’s not a Redskin. 

I know what you're trying to say. I know you're not for it but it's what you think Snyder will tell Allen to do to sell tickets. 

I think the excitement is short lived, like.w/ RG3 I'm just saying I don't see him lasting 10 years in the NFL as a starter.

Jay had a lot of input into our decision to draft Ioannidis - so Cooley said - and probably some other offensive guys in the draft since 2014. If he's here, I think he has input. 

I think that thinking O’Connell will be our next HC is putting the cart before the horse. Even if Jay is fired, Snyder has never shown that he wants to hire an up and coming young coach. Snyder has always hired an older guy or an experienced NFL assistant. Even if O’Connell does a lot and seems like a promising up and coming HC, Snyder won't want him IMO.

I don't think Snyder would have ever agreed to hire Sean McVay as our HC at the age of 30.

11 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. He needs to adjust his offense. No, not because of Murray, but because the class of quarterbacks coming up are moving away from pure pocket passers. Yes, having a guy like that is nice, but they're getting harder and harder to find. He needs to figure out how to make an offense work around a guy who isn't that because that's where the college game is moving. Of course, that implies that he can actually plan/adjust his offense based on the talent he has, which doesn't seem to be the case.

And this is why Gruden will never be more than mediocre. He's like the anti-Belichick

18 hours ago, Woz said:

We'll agree to disagree then.

1. Again, probably doesn't have any say in it.
  2. He needs to adjust his offense. No, not because of Murray, but because the class of quarterbacks coming up are moving away from pure pocket passers. Yes, having a guy like that is nice, but they're getting harder and harder to find. He needs to figure out how to make an offense work around a guy who isn't that because that's where the college game is moving. Of course, that implies that he can actually plan/adjust his offense based on the talent he has, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Not the top 3 of the top 4 QBs in the draft. They're all pocket passers.

1. Haskins

2. Lock

3. Murray/Jones

4. Jones/Murray

14 hours ago, taylor made said:

And this is why Gruden will never be more than mediocre. He's like the anti-Belichick

Belichick luck boxed himself into Tom Brady and last.time I checked he's a statue in the pocket. 

Do they run zone read? Bootlegs? Anything with movement in their offense?

W/o Brady, Belichick is a great defensive coach but probably is coaching an average offense like he was in Cleveland.

It's going to be interesting when Brady retires within the next 5 years if Bill retires with him. I hope he doesn't, I want to see what a genius Belichick is having to develop a QB for a few years or go with an average QB instead of the one of the best QBs of all time.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Belichick luck boxed himself into Tom Brady and last.time I checked he's a statue in the pocket. 

Do they run zone read? Bootlegs? Anything with movement in their offense?

W/o Brady, Belichick is a great defensive coach but probably is coaching an average offense like be was in Cleveland.

It's going to be interesting when Brady retires within the next 5 years that Bill retires with him. I hope he doesn't, I want to see what a genius Belichick is having to develop a QB for a few years or go with an average QB instead of the one of the best QBs of all time.

Flip it. NE offenses did quite well under QBs not named Brady. IMHO Brady is a great QB. The only reason he's in GOAT discussion is because the system he is in elevates him as well.

Remember, even Belicheck had an 11-5 record in Cleveland...

...in Cleveland.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Flip it. NE offenses did quite well under QBs not named Brady. IMHO Brady is a great QB. The only reason he's in GOAT discussion is because the system he is in elevates him as well.

...in Cleveland.

I just don’t agree. Brady is the one who makes championship plays in the 4th quarter of games. Belichick is a great HC, but he doesn’t win all these Super Bowls and get to a few more w/o Brady. He didn’t win one and probably wasn’t going to with Bledsoe bc Bledsoe had a propensity to make bad mistakes in crunch time despite all his arm talent.

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

...in Cleveland.

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, and 3-1 with Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy Garrapolo.  

Also, Belichick meets annually with college coaches and continually adds and subtracts to his playbook based off what works and what doesn't work, both for other coaches and for himself.  His offensive playbook is as much his own as his defensive playbook, and he's called plays from time to time offensively.  

And with the culture he has put into place, the rest of the team will take care of themselves.  I have no doubts he could groom another QB in time when Brady retires, but it sounds like Brady is in it for a few more years, which is insane.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, and 3-1 with Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy Garrapolo.  

Also, Belichick meets annually with college coaches and continually adds and subtracts to his playbook based off what works and what doesn't work, both for other coaches and for himself.  His offensive playbook is as much his own as his defensive playbook, and he's called plays from time to time offensively.  

And with the culture he has put into place, the rest of the team will take care of themselves.  I have no doubts he could groom another QB in time when Brady retires, but it sounds like Brady is in it for a few more years, which is insane.  

This ^^^

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I just don’t agree. Brady is the one who makes championship plays in the 4th quarter of games. Belichick is a great HC, but he doesn’t win all these Super Bowls and get to a few more w/o Brady. He didn’t win one and probably wasn’t going to with Bledsoe bc Bledsoe had a propensity to make bad mistakes in crunch time despite all his arm talent.

And yet, his teams have a 14-4 record without Brady under center for an extended period of time. Yes, they both benefit from each other. Bill benefits because Brady is a great QB. But make no mistake, Brady goes nowhere if he's on the Redskins with the coaches/teams we had. Meanwhile, again...Bill got the Browns to an 11-5 record. We haven't even done that since 1991.

Archived