Kyler Murray

LoganF89

On 2/11/2019 at 6:21 PM, Woz said:

Keep in mind that the DT folks rank their own players, and the system picks based on the inputs (both from the big board and from the team needs settings). In their particular case, they treat Brown as a WRS (smaller/speedy wide receiver) and the team need on a WRS is currently set to a 4 (draft for depth only). WRF ("X" or "Z" receiver) is set to a 2 (high need). Personally, I'm not a fan of this hair splitting they do, but that's their system. They do say that certain teams (Carolina with Steve Smith, Pittsburgh with Antonio Brown) have used WRS type receivers as their primary receiver, but they generally pull out the smaller guys and rank them lower.

For what it's worth, DraftTek has Brown ranked 55th overall behind Metcalf (11th), Kelvin Harmon (17th), J.J. Arcega-Whiteside (18th), A.J. Brown (22nd), N'Keal Henry (30th), Riley Ridley (45th), and Deebo Samuel(*) (54th). So, if you ignore the split between WRF/WRS, they view him as the 8th draftable receiver, mostly due to his size. I will leave it to the rest of you to discuss/debate the merits of that order.

(*) Samuel is treated as a WRF because while he is 5'11", he weighs in at 215.

I’m with you, I have Hollywood and Samuel higher than they do. You just can’t gloss over speed & quickness. These guys have “it” they’re late 1st or early 2nd in my eyes.

The best WR in the NFL fell to round 5 bc of size and he played for a mid-America school and not a power 5 school. 

Look at Carson Wentz. Where you played and what size you were when you went to college has little to do with draft day in my eyes as long as the guy shows the ability to take it to the next level and dominates the competition on his mid-American level or FCS level. 

I don't think Kyler is gonna fall to our pick at 15 now that he announced he is fully committed. We'd have to trade ahead of the Dolphins. Give up one of our third round picks or around that in value. This will be unpopular but I think he's worth it. Get Kyler and grab WR Andy Isabella and we'd have a potentially explosive type offense.

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I don't think Kyler is gonna fall to our pick at 15 now that he announced he is fully committed. We'd have to trade ahead of the Dolphins. Give up one of our third round picks or around that in value. This will be unpopular but I think he's worth it. Get Kyler and grab WR Andy Isabella and we'd have a potentially explosive type offense.

How is he worth it? He doesn’t have the frame to survive at the next level. He’s a dynamic college player but this is just a mistake on his part. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How is he worth it? He doesn’t have the frame to survive at the next level. He’s a dynamic college player but this is just a mistake on his part. 

I think it's a mistake too. With his frame, he'd be better served playing MLB. And he'd be able to play it for a lot longer than he would in the NFL

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

I think it's a mistake too. With his frame, he'd be better served playing MLB. And he'd be able to play it for a lot longer than he would in the NFL

I like the kid and I think if he were built more like Wilson he’d be a heck of a QB but he’s going to get hurt in the NFL. Good kid just given very poor advice. He’s going to be rich either way but at least he wouldn’t be getting killed in baseball. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I like the kid and I think if he were built more like Wilson he’d be a heck of a QB but he’s going to get hurt in the NFL. Good kid just given very poor advice. He’s going to be rich either way but at least he wouldn’t be getting killed in baseball. 

Yup. And I've coached baseball. Been out of travel ball for a few years but I can still talk intelligently about it because I know my stuff (we were doing Sabremetrics before it was even a thing). He's gonna have a much better career in the MLB.

But who knows, right? Maybe this kid actually comes in and does well. They would need to always roll him out or design throwing lanes in their protection. Because no way is he seeing over his OL

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Murray is projected to measure in at 5906 195-200lbs. Russell Wilson is 5105 and weighed in at 204lbs at the combine. If Murray weighs in at 200 his BMI will be damn near identical to Wilson's . Adding 15-20lbs would be unnecessary because he's already at a comparable size to a borderline elite NFL QB who hasn't had health problems.  

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I agree with all of this and I’ll add that I don’t buy the “commitment to football” for one second. He was asked that question in interviews a couple times and literally had no answer. I have a feeling he’s going to try to pull off playing both sports and what he’s saying now keeps his draft stock high. Even if he truly has committed to football I, for one, don’t need my QB thinking if it gets too tough in the NFL he can pack it up and head to baseball. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Agreed

2 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I think we sign Foles or trade for Driskell and then draft a QB in the 5th or later. It’s so totally DanSkin to give franchise money to two quarterbacks Smith and now Foles. Should help sell out the redskins home game against the eagles 

Can’t afford him

54 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Murray is projected to measure in at 5906 195-200lbs. Russell Wilson is 5105 and weighed in at 204lbs at the combine. If Murray weighs in at 200 his BMI will be damn near identical to Wilson's . Adding 15-20lbs would be unnecessary because he's already at a comparable size to a borderline elite NFL QB who hasn't had health problems.  

I’ll be shocked if he’s near 200 and I thought he was 5’9. 

On 2/11/2019 at 10:11 PM, lavar703 said:

Exactly, turning down baseball money in a sport where you can play until your 40 w/o getting your head knocked in constantly is the smarter decision. Career earnings = more in baseball! It doesn't take a rocket science to figure that out.

If he were 215/220 like Russell & Baker then I’d feel differently but he's not, and doesn't have the frame to get there IMO. He's built different, more slender.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly, turning down baseball money in a sport where you can play until your 40 w/o getting your head knocked in constantly is the smarter decision. Career earnings = more in baseball! It doesn't take a rocket science to figure that out.

If he were 215/220 like Russell & Baker then I’d feel differently but he's not, and doesn't have the frame to get there IMO. He's built different, more slender.

He's as short as Wilson and built like RG3.

But who knows? Maybe he comes in and the Redskins can utilize him like the Seahawks do with Russell? I dunno. 

If it were my kid, I'd be on him to play baseball. I mean, how much is Bryce Harper going to get in his new contract?

Archived