Is NE/KC a rivalry now?

Elky

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This begs the question. Do the Patriots really have a rival?

No, not since Manning left Indy. They don't. Only reason that was even considered a Rivalry Opponent was the amount of times they met in the Playoffs. Regardless of Indy's lack of success.

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Nah. I dislike the Patriots, but basically just in the same way any fan dislikes the Patriots. I don't think there's anything special there.

It is an interesting matchup in recent history. I think we have one of the best H2H records against the Pats and Brady over the course of a bunch of different timeframes. Mind you that's with us being like 3-5 against Brady or something, but that's way better than most. And Reid's KC teams in particular have matched up very well with the Pats. So it's a good and interesting matchup, but that doesn't make it a rivalry.

Miami, both new york teams, Pittsburgh, Denver, Baltimore

no matter how good these teams are, they will play us hard

Not yet....and even if it becomes one, I dont see it being a long lasting rivalry unless the Patriots somehow find a great successor to Brady and Belichick sticks around another decade.

I could see Colts and Chiefs the next big non-divisional rivalry....pending Luck stays healthy and the Colts continue to get better.

Archived