2019 free agency targets

AZBearsFan

One guy who I think is both a great scheme fit and likely a cost fit for us is Mark Ingram

Pros: 

- Consistent and established good to very good NFL RB (4.5 ypc career) with goal line viability (6+ TD each of the past 5 years).

- Good receiver (50, 46 and 58 catches 2015-2017). His viability as a passing option makes personnel (Howard) far less predictive of what we are going to do. That gives Nagy and Mitch an added edge.

- VERY reasonable wear for a veteran back of his caliber. 1549 touches in 8 seasons. 193 touches per year. For comparison, Cohen had 170 offensive touches this year. After 8 years as a Bear Matt Forte had 2522 touches. Also, no games missed for Ingram to injury the past 3 seasons.

- Successes of younger RB are likely to make his next contract pretty reasonable. 

Cons:

- 2019 will be his age 29 season. 

- Less than ideal (but not poor) ball security (2 or 3 fumbles each of the past 5 seasons). 

Ingram isn’t a long term fit, but on a 2-year deal at $5M or so per? I’m in on that. Adding him wouldn’t mean Howard has to go either. He’s under contract for next to nothing. I’d pair this add with a rookie RB as well and move on from Mizzell and Cunningham (if Howard is kept) and feel like we improved short term for sure. 

I get the feeling that Pace will be bargain shopping this year, with no big splashes.  I'm interested in retreads like Shane Ray, or Vic Beasley both of them flamed out with their teams and will be free agents.  They might be good reclimation projects as the third OLB

16 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

I get the feeling that Pace will be bargain shopping this year, with no big splashes.  I'm interested in retreads like Shane Ray, or Vic Beasley both of them flamed out with their teams and will be free agents.  They might be good reclimation projects as the third OLB

Beasley had his option picked up.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

@AZBearsFan you don't think Ingram is going to cost more than that?

I say EFF it, I'm all in on Kareem Hunt.

Maybe in terms of years he’ll never see, but not annually. I was using the Dion Lewis contract from last FA as a guide (4/19.8). 

I’m in for Hunt too but guessing that has to get signed off on by Virginia after the Ray McDonald disaster. Also, he’s a UFA and may cost as much or more (on a MUCH more conditional contract). 

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I like Ingram but feel he would be a waste of cap space.

For outside FA's these are my guys:

• Robbie Gould
  • Kareem Hunt
  • Chris Conley
  • Cordarrelle Patterson
  • Jawuan James
  • Kenny Vaccaro

Wasted in terms of costing a non-rookie contract, or that you don’t think he’s any good? 

Like all the FA you list except Cordarelle. 

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Maybe in terms of years he’ll never see, but not annually. I was using the Dion Lewis contract from last FA as a guide (4/19.8). 

I’m in for Hunt too but guessing that has to get signed off on by Virginia after the Ray McDonald disaster. Also, he’s a UFA and may cost as much or more (on a MUCH more conditional contract). 

We also don’t know when he’ll actually be available at this point. 

32 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Also, he’s a UFA and may cost as much or more (on a MUCH more conditional contract). 

I don't think Kareem Hunt has any leg to stand on when it comes to arguing for a contract. Bare minimum WITH heavy caveats. I don't know the dude but once you start playing with their money, more often than not people shape up. He'd get a base salary from me and his contract voids completely if he has another discretion.

Archived