Jets officially sign Greg Williams as DC

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Love how the staff of the Jets did a 180. Bowles showed 0 emotion and fire. Now with Gase and Williams, we have probably the most emotional staff in the NFL. I like it.

Hopefully for the Jets sake the emotion is channeled and pointed in the right direction as opposed to at one another.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Love how the staff of the Jets did a 180. Bowles showed 0 emotion and fire. Now with Gase and Williams, we have probably the most emotional staff in the NFL. I like it.

Ya safe to say after Gase comes off his LSD trip from his introductory press conference the jets will have a perfect interm coach to get you through the rough waters. What you guys should do is hire Hue Jackson in some sort of capacity. He’ll prob take any job you give him but he’s what some call a QB whisperer. Just a suggestion. 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Ya safe to say after Gase comes off his LSD trip from his introductory press conference the jets will have a perfect interm coach to get you through the rough waters. What you guys should do is hire Hue Jackson in some sort of capacity. He’ll prob take any job you give him but he’s what some call a QB whisperer. Just a suggestion. 

Gase pretty much wants complete control over the offense and Darnold I believe.

I like Greg Williams the head coach more than Greg Williams the DC. His D does create a good amount of turnovers which is really good, But get use to your FS being so far back it looks like he is defending for the surprise punt before 4th down. It actually looks like you are defending with 10 players at times the FS is just so far away from everybody else

12 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

The Jets will enjoy GW for about 2 or 3 seasons, then he'll move on to some other team in need of a DC/HC. The guy just doesn't stay put long.

I'll take that. His contract is for 3 years. So, he probably knows he'll be looking to move on in 2 or 3 years. But that'll be enough time to get our team in order.

Archived