Preseason Game #3: vs Dallas

NickButera

Just now, holyghost said:

Once again Joseph iffy in coverage. So far I do not see much I like from hhim against the pass. Praying Obi is better.

Yeah he isnt good at coverage. But we can do more to play him to his strengths. He going have to cover some but we can find a way to limit it. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah he isnt good at coverage. But we can do more to play him to his strengths. He going have to cover some but we can find a way to limit it. 

Yeesh.

A 1st round safety who can't cover well and can't hawk the ball (i.e. not good against the pass) is a huge disappointment. You can get an undersized box safety in UDFA.

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

I am as well, because he's going to be here for 4. 

My only thought was that I am waiting to see anything from him against the pass. Anything.

I doubt he ever will. He usually gets abused by TEs. Even Hayden covered Greg Olsen solidly. Not giving up on KJ, but don't see it happening.

45 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jenkins looks good. He'll start for us.

Our interior DL looks soft. MEJ isn't big enough to play DT on every down and Hester is a marginal player IMO.

Hester is our only DT showing any pass rush so far, including Edwards ( the savior with all of 2 sacks in his career ). Hester is consistently able to get by blockers. He better get some playing time (and not get cut) if he can rush like this in games. 

Archived