Kris Kocurek- New Dline coach

Ftn49

34 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Hopefully with his past work with Ziggy and first hand knowledge with him he’ll lead us away from adding him as opposed to adding him.

Well now we have the GM who drafted him as or assistant GM, his dline coach. If we are going to sign him we gave all the resources to do so.

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well now we have the GM who drafted him as or assistant GM, his dline coach. If we are going to sign him we gave all the resources to do so.

If they indeed do like him, may be the other way where they both weren't the biggest fans of him but we should find out soon.

If we grab Bosa AND Ziggy,  then I can deal with it.  Ziggy wouldn't be my first option, but as a secondary rusher to Bosa, he would be more than ok. The other big concern is price tag. Ziggy commanding an Oliver Vernon salary with his age, injuries and lack of top end production would be really hard to stomach. 

I can't see Ziggy getting more than 1 year prove it deal or a discounted long term deal for all the things you mentioned above. A 1 year deal with an added Bosa/Allen as you said would be ok, not preferred as I'd rather find long term answers not stop gaps and rental pieces for a year, but atleast there would be added talent to our pass rush.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Robert Quinn makes sense too.

Is he a FA? Not sure how his time with Miami has gone since being traded there but I can't see the Dolphins letting him go if he is since the are pretty deprived of pass rushers if Wake retires.

Interesting note about this change since it's not something I had heard before. Per Barrows: 

Zgonina was not a big fan of Thomas, which may explain Thomas’ sporadic snap numbers at the beginning of the season and start to explain why Zgonina is no longer on the payroll.

Archived