Cam Newton to sit out 2019?

Elky

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/cam-newton

ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton speculates Cam Newton could sit out the entire 2019 season if he undergoes another shoulder operation.
It's pure speculation, and not particularly informed, though owner David Tepper also casually mentioned the possibility of Newton sitting out in 2019. "If you told me he took a year off and could recover and be fully recovered and everything else, and that's what it took, an extra year, why wouldn't you do that," Tapper asked rhetorically on Tuesday. At least as of January, that scenario does not seem particularly likely. Newton is opting for rest and rehab before deciding on his second operation in three years. Jan 15 - 7:37 PM

Just now, Dome said:

That would be lame. Can't stand him, but he's fun to watch and the league is better with him out there on Sundays.

I disagree. He is fun to watch but I actually think it would do him alot of good. He has spent the last 2 years playing injured and it's not doing his team much good. He could use some rest and make a Luck-esque comeback fully healed.

What it really means is that Cam needs a scope.   No type of imaging is good enough for the shoulder.   There’s a risk he needs a full reconstruction in which case yeah 2019 is at risk.   But it could be a lesser repair is needed and then he’s good to go for 2019.   But either way a scope to see what the deal is seems inevitable.  

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I disagree. He is fun to watch but I actually think it would do him alot of good. He has spent the last 2 years playing injured and it's not doing his team much good. He could use some rest and make a Luck-esque comeback fully healed.

Well the older he gets the more he’s going to need to rely on passing and not running so much anymore. Could be a good decision if it truly does give him that Luck esque comeback 

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I didn't mean he's lame for sitting or the coaches for wanting him to just have the surgery. You have to do what you have to do.

I just mean the NFL without Cam Newton playing is more lame than the NFL with him out there each week. The Panthers could be hard to watch without him, they're similar to the Giants at that point IMO.

More like a "no cam newton? that's lame." I don't like him, I don't like his team, and I don't like his teammates. But I like his highlight reel each week. 

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

I didn't mean he's lame for sitting or the coaches for wanting him to just have the surgery. You have to do what you have to do.

I just mean the NFL without Cam Newton playing is more lame than the NFL with him out there each week. The Panthers could be hard to watch without him, they're similar to the Giants at that point IMO.

More like a "no cam newton? that's lame." I don't like him, I don't like his team, and I don't like his teammates. But I like his highlight reel each week. 

Yeah I understood what you were saying -- RE: He is fun to watch. I was more or less just expanding on the idea of him sitting out is all.

Edit: I disagree was poor wording on my part though.

Archived