Browns have 30-1 odds of going to 2020 Superbowl

buckeyesNut0623

30-1 seems about right.

Point A: Even with all the success we had in the second half of 2018 - we still struggled against the playoff teams (Chiefs, Chargers, Texans).

Point B: The Browns feel they have upgraded the coaching ranks this offseason. We have a boatload of cap space and a slew of draft picks. If John Dorsey's track record holds true - that will mean approx 12-18 new faces that will improve this roster. Super Bowl, right?

Well, the caveat in this is that the rest of the league will have similar opportunities. And there is almost a full season of tape on Baker and this offense now. Defensive coaches will come with guns blazing at the Browns. We will not be sneaking up on anyone in 2019.

I fully expect us to be a playoff team next season. We will have the capability of making some noise in the playoffs, but a deep playoff run with legitimate Super Bowl aspirations probably needs to wait until Feb. 2021

I don’t see the team being that close to a super bowl just yet. That’s Vegas steaming money from the Browns fans. This team will be primed for a run in ‘20. Baker’s 3rd year and Kitchen’s 2nd year as HC. 

Has a coach ever won the Super Bowl in his first year as a HC? Feel like the earliest I have ever seen it was 2nd year

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Has a coach ever won the Super Bowl in his first year as a HC? Feel like the earliest I have ever seen it was 2nd year

Don McCafferty (Baltimore Colts), George Seifert (49ers), and Jon Gruden (Tampa)

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

don’t see the team being that close to a super bowl just yet. That’s Vegas steaming money from the Browns fans.

If Vegas wanted Browns fans money they would put us at 150-1 and get as much action as they could (and move to Ohio). Making our odds better makes it less worth the bet so you'd see less action. Still, at 30-1 people will put money on it and I'm sure Browns fans would too but horny aint getting rich this year like he would have in the past with the bet.

41 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Don McCafferty (Baltimore Colts), George Seifert (49ers), and Jon Gruden (Tampa)

Don and George count. Gruden doesn’t. I was talking about rookie HCs. Gruden was his first year with the Bucs but coached the Raiders previously. Didn’t know Don was a Cleveland guy either

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If Vegas wanted Browns fans money they would put us at 150-1 and get as much action as they could (and move to Ohio). Making our odds better makes it less worth the bet so you'd see less action. Still, at 30-1 people will put money on it and I'm sure Browns fans would too but horny aint getting rich this year like he would have in the past with the bet.

Idk, I know at 150-1 ppl do it for the great reward for the risk but we always knew the Browns never stood a chance. This year the odds are decent and the browns will be decent enough. feel like the browns will be bet on enough because of Baker but no way we are Super Bowl contenders. Especially with so many new coaches. Feel like that is just stealing money

30-1 puts us at about an average team. It's tied for like 14th best odds. If you think we make the playoffs, that's a solid value bet. If you think we win the division, it's a nice bet. If you think we sneak a bye week, it's a no-brainer-put-the-money-on-the-table-NOW bet.

21 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

you couldn't even get 150-1 on the browns this past year. They will get plenty of action at 30-1.

It's also to win the superbowl not to just make it to the game.

Archived