The PSVR Thread

NickButera

Anyone else have one?  I know three was a thread and a few owners in the last forum

Up till recently it was mostly gimmicky. But with Bethesda announcing Skyrim VR  (Nov 17th) and DOOM VFR (Dec12th), and Battlefront 2 to have having some VR capabilities, and the rumor of even Fallout 4 VR leaked for PSVR, there seems to be some legitimate games coming. 

I recently found a copy of Farpoint with the Aim controller.  VR in general was a game changing experience, like nothing I've ever experienced. But adding the VR Aim Controller gun took it to a whole new level. There's not much else that can compare to VR and being able to look down the scope of your own gun.  Shoot at something at your foot without looking, or to the side as soon as you see it pop up, as you flinch away in shock and shoot to the left xD 

Which btw, for the longest time the Aim Controller was OOS, but I'm finding them in stock now, Best Buy has them right now (If you're a PSVR owner, you need this. Go buy this right now.)

Mine has been gathering dust.  I'm really only interested in horror games, and if I buy a game I'm going to buy a hard copy.  I'll eventually be getting Resident Evil, Farpoint and maybe a few others, but I'd like to get it setup better and have it in a bigger area where I can really enjoy it. 

All I've really been using mine for is the VR Experience promotions from movies like It and Annabelle. 

11 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Mine has been gathering dust.  I'm really only interested in horror games, and if I buy a game I'm going to buy a hard copy.  I'll eventually be getting Resident Evil, Farpoint and maybe a few others, but I'd like to get it setup better and have it in a bigger area where I can really enjoy it. 

All I've really been using mine for is the VR Experience promotions from movies like It and Annabelle. 

Not to take away from the OP but have you played the Outlast games?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For anybody on the fence about VR, I will say that when it comes to playing horror games, there is no substitute.  I go into movies and video games WANTING to get scared because I absolutely LOVE getting scared.  I can say that there has never been an entertainment experience in my life (TV, film, video games) where I was more scared than playing Resident Evil: Biohazard.  It's on a completely different level than anything non-vr movies or video games can provide because you are IN THE ****.  Movies have had a more lasting scare (made me scared after the movie was over), but while actually playing or in the middle of something, nothing was more scary than playing RE in VR.  Jump scares in it literally made me yell out loud. 

PSVR was worth what I paid for it just to play Resident Evil alone. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 1:45 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

For anybody on the fence about VR, I will say that when it comes to playing horror games, there is no substitute.  I go into movies and video games WANTING to get scared because I absolutely LOVE getting scared.  I can say that there has never been an entertainment experience in my life (TV, film, video games) where I was more scared than playing Resident Evil: Biohazard.  It's on a completely different level than anything non-vr movies or video games can provide because you are IN THE ****.  Movies have had a more lasting scare (made me scared after the movie was over), but while actually playing or in the middle of something, nothing was more scary than playing RE in VR.  Jump scares in it literally made me yell out loud. 

PSVR was worth what I paid for it just to play Resident Evil alone. 

Agreed. Horror games are ultimately what the PSVR was tailor-made for IMO, RE7 and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood are the two reasons I picked mine up to begin with. It makes me wish we would've gotten an Alien: Isolation VR and Silent Hills wasn't cancelled. Just the mere thought of seeing the Xenomorphs and this:

in VR makes me all the more eager to put dem goggles on in anticipation of getting a heart attack. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the thrill of going into horror movies expecting to be petrified, too, it's just that not a lot of movies really do it, anymore for me. Dead Silence scared the shyt out of me to the point I literally had to shield my eyes during some scenes (I think you know which parts I'm talking about) and STILL had trouble sleeping for a couple nights afterwards (of course, it didn't help that I had the balls to watch it all the way downstairs at night alone with no lights on), Conjuring 2 left me on the edge of my seat and had others jumping out of their seats around me in the theater and Insidious Part 3 definitely had some moments that made me go "holy shyt".

Other than that, I can't think of a single movie, old or recent that made me feel legitimately scared in the slightest, not in this day and age. And the funny thing is, James Wan was involved in all 3 of those movies because he's the master of horror. He's the modern day Wes Craven. It almost makes me shudder to think just how batshyt scary P.T. (and, by extension, Silent Hills) would've been if it were him co-directing alongside Hideo instead of GDT. 

Edited by KManX89