More hardware for Baker

Dawgpoun8017

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m assuming you know the old saying about arguing with idiots???

That it's fun?

Sure beats losing an argument. I'm married, I know those all too well. 

I really don't care who wins OROY I could make an argument for either side and feel confident about the choice but if you leave yourself open to I'll throw a jab in and see if it hurts, I didn't know if he cared about Eli's HOF status but it turns out he does and his comment about Baker being good if it was 50 years ago hurts Eli pretty bad.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That it's fun?

Sure beats losing an argument. I'm married, I know those all too well. 

Samesies.

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I really don't care who wins OROY I could make an argument for either side and feel confident about the choice but if you leave yourself open to I'll throw a jab in and see if it hurts, I didn't know if he cared about Eli's HOF status but it turns out he does and his comment about Baker being good if it was 50 years ago hurts Eli pretty bad.

I’m with you, there are a few guys you can argue without looking like a fool imo (Nelson, Barkley and Baker).  I do think any reasonable person would pick Baker (even without bias) as I think the value of a QB pushed the argeument in their favor.

I kinda look at it like this, if you had needs at each position, who would you want?  I can’t believe anyone would actually take Barkley over Baker if they had a need at both positions.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m with you, there are a few guys you can argue without looking like a fool imo (Nelson, Barkley and Baker).  I do think any reasonable person would pick Baker (even without bias) as I think the value of a QB pushed the argeument in their favor.

I kinda look at it like this, if you had needs at each position, who would you want?  I can’t believe anyone would actually take Barkley over Baker if they had a need at both positions.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Well yeah, 100 out of 100 NFL G.M.s would take Baker in that scenario. 50 different people vote though and those 50 are going to use whatever method they choose and I suspect many will see 2000 total yards and place their vote. It is pretty impressive for any player. Being a rookie doesn't really make it more impressive at the RB position though, you come into the league in your prime in most cases. Certainly from an athletic standpoint, you'll never be quicker or faster or more agile after your first 400 touches as you were before them. Baker, considering position, had a much more impressive rookie campaign. Who knows what each guy will base it on though, some will compare them to others at their position this year and Barkley is closer to the top than Baker.

If I had any inclination this would be the best chance for Baker to get accolades I'd probably want it more for him. I don't. I'm expecting a great playoff performance from him in 2019 so who cares.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:46 PM, buno67 said:

Worst part is he won’t be even considered an MVP. What he did as a rookie was amazing enough that I doubt Mahomes Breees or Rivers could have won 7 games with the Browns 

ok buno you win you are the biggest homer of the year

Archived