2019 Draft: Targets

G08

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

What do you guys think of Jalen Hurd?

Former 5 star RB who left Tennessee and went to Baylor to play WR because RBs are being devalued.  He's 6'5.  I wonder why he played RB in first place?

But can be another multi tool guy that can presumably be picked up in mid to later rounds.

I haven't watched him yet, but his story intrigues me.

I'm a fan. He needs developed but he has the size/athleticism combination you can't teach and he is pretty damn good at getting YAC. If he develops he can be a stud, but he is going to need to work on long contested catches, he isn't a Jeffery-level player in that regard at all. 

I say put him on the slot and let him work, pretty nightmarish matchup. LBs can't normally keep up, NBs should get bullied once he gets use to press coverage, and he will consistently churn out yards after making a catch. Let him learn under Robinson and with him, Robinson, and Miller you have a massive potential level together. 

Nfl.com used Terrelle Pryor as the comp, I think he is closer to an Aaron Hernandez kind of player. Faster and not as polished, but the playstyle is very similar. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm a fan. He needs developed but he has the size/athleticism combination you can't teach and he is pretty damn good at getting YAC. If he develops he can be a stud, but he is going to need to work on long contested catches, he isn't a Jeffery-level player in that regard at all. 

I say put him on the slot and let him work, pretty nightmarish matchup. LBs can't normally keep up, NBs should get bullied once he gets use to press coverage, and he will consistently churn out yards after making a catch. Let him learn under Robinson and with him, Robinson, and Miller you have a massive potential level together. 

Nfl.com used Terrelle Pryor as the comp, I think he is closer to an Aaron Hernandez kind of player. Faster and not as polished, but the playstyle is very similar. 

But what if he's Evan Rodriguez?xD

Word from Penn State's pro day is that Miles Sanders did a bunch of receiver routes for scouts and basically looked like he was underutilized as a receiver at PSU (still with rough routes, but speaking from a hands perspective he apparently looked very natural).... His draft stock probably just got another big boost, and if he wasn't out of our range before, he likely is now (hell he might even be out of trade up range now  *hypothetical trade up involving flipping next year's likely early 2nd round Oakland pick for a late 2nd rounder this year* )....  I said a bit ago that he reminded me a lot of Forte as a runner (on account of the fluidity they both possess), but apparently that's also a thing as a receiver.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

There's a video circling twitter of Nagy putting Mike Weber through a workout after OSU's pro day

Something of note so far... in that it's something noteworthy by having nothing to note...

Absolutely nothing about us and Darrell Henderson.... No confirmed meetings, interviews, just nothing I've been able to dig up...

Ditto that for Hill from Oklahoma..... Seems unusual that we'd meet with basically every RB on the board EXCEPT those two.

Henderson specifically, seems puzzling considering his draft range puts him at a moderate chance of being there for us in the third, and because of Anthony Miller's Memphis connection might give us an inside track on the guy.

RT @GarrettStepien: I’m told this is Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy currently working out former Ohio State running back Mike Weber at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center. https://t.co/6X0nJRLDEk

RT @GarrettStepien: I can add that Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace is overseeing former Ohio State running back Mike Weber’s workout with head coach Matt Nagy.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Something of note so far... in that it's something noteworthy by having nothing to note...

Absolutely nothing about us and Darrell Henderson.... No confirmed meetings, interviews, just nothing I've been able to dig up...

Ditto that for Hill from Oklahoma..... Seems unusual that we'd meet with basically every RB on the board EXCEPT those two.

Henderson specifically, seems puzzling considering his draft range puts him at a moderate chance of being there for us in the third, and because of Anthony Miller's Memphis connection might give us an inside track on the guy.

It might be that the Bears did work on him last year and feel like they know enough to be comfortable with ranking him.

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

There's a video circling twitter of Nagy putting Mike Weber through a workout after OSU's pro day

Nagy and Pace were there.

They have been very deceptive about higher picks. I wonder if with later round guys it is such a crap shoot that they don’t bother.

Weber would make a lot of sense in the 5th round for the Bears. He has a very balance skills set.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Could be, but Weber also fits the profile of what they want- fast.

Seems a lot like Davis as far as size and skill set but a bit faster.  He might be a little more "off the grid" too as it relates to how high he'd go.

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Could be, but Weber also fits the profile of what they want- fast.

It's just not how they operate at HH is all I'm saying.  Nagy is working him out, Pace is in the back corner overseeing the whole thing.  It gets put on Twitter. If the interest is that genuine it would be the most obvious interest ever.  Might have well as had 10 throw to him too.  HH has been the fort Knox of secrets since Pace.came in.  Him changing that now seems highly unlikely

20 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's just not how they operate at HH is all I'm saying.  Nagy is working him out, Pace is in the back corner overseeing the whole thing.  It gets put on Twitter. If the interest is that genuine it would be the most obvious interest ever.  Might have well as had 10 throw to him too.  HH has been the fort Knox of secrets since Pace.came in.  Him changing that now seems highly unlikely

That has always been on high profile moves and high draft picks.

I doubt they have the time and energy to go CIA on every 5th round pick they work out.

Archived