2019 Draft: Targets

G08

I actually really like the RT class this year in the mid rounds...

OT...Tytus Howard...Alabama State...6-6" 308lbs...I haven't seen much of this guy but man is his tape against Auburn impressive...he seems like a Pace pick.

OT...Isaiah Prince...Ohio State...6-6" 305lbs...raw and inconsistent but huge upside with length, strength, bend, feet, balance and overall athletic ability.

OT...Dennis Daley...South Carolina...6-6" 325lbs...much like Prince.

OT...Kaleb McGary...Washington...6-6" 325lbs...not a great athlete but solid run blocker at RT.

OT...Max Scharping...Northern Illinois...6-6" 315lbs...excellent in pass pro but potential might already be tapped out.

OT...Michael Deiter & OT...David Edwards could also be be there after their stocks dropped throughout last season.

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

OT...Tytus Howard...Alabama State...6-6" 308lbs...I haven't seen much of this guy but man is his tape against Auburn impressive...he seems like a Pace pick.

OT...Isaiah Prince...Ohio State...6-6" 305lbs...raw and inconsistent but huge upside with length, strength, bend, feet, balance and overall athletic ability.

OT...Kaleb McGary...Washington...6-6" 325lbs...not a great athlete but solid run blocker at RT.

OT...Max Scharping...Northern Illinois...6-6" 315lbs...excellent in pass pro but potential might already be tapped out.

OT...Michael Deiter & OT...David Edwards could also be be there after their stocks dropped throughout last season.

The 3rd and 4th round should provide us with at worse competition for Coward if they go that direction.

Howard is interesting maybe even as a long term RG, both the Saints and Chiefs love the small school OT-OG shift.

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Been neglecting OT in draft for a long time.  Frankly they have been lucky Massie and Leno have stayed healthy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Been neglecting OT in draft for a long time.  Frankly they have been lucky Massie and Leno have stayed healthy.  

That's a good point. I want to draft an OT every year in the mid rounds and look at big athletic DTs that didn't earn more draft stock due to production concerns late if possible. 

I figure that is averaging 3 new faces every two years (minus UFA,  waiver claims, etc), gives you a chance at building a lot of depth and being able to hopefully replace someone who you cannot afford anymore. 

I never want to see a Bears OL where someone like Garza is by far the best player there again. Ugh. 

• Like 1

I just looked at some mocks and Ohio St. qb is no. 1 prospect?

I didn’t watch CFB last year, but I would be really hesitant to take an Urban Meyer coached QB as really high draft pick.  And they are talking up another guy who is 5-10?

Thinking last year was year to get your QB Ny Giants.  Guessing this years prospects aren’t that great.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I just looked at some mocks and Ohio St. qb is no. 1 prospect?

I didn’t watch CFB last year, but I would be really hesitant to take an Urban Meyer coached QB as really high draft pick.  And they are talking up another guy who is 5-10?

Thinking last year was year to get your QB Ny Giants.  Guessing this years prospects aren’t that great.  

Amen. He adapts them to fit his scheme wonderfully, but that doesn't translate to NFL football. Smith had to have Harbaugh and Reid work with him after a few years of floundering before he got himself going. Next to him Tebow was probably his best NFL QB. 

Plus remember when a certain Mike (not @Madmike90) said he would have taken Cardale Jones at 7th overall if he had declared? And got into heated debates over just how great/pro ready he was? :D

I'd rather have taken White there knowing he was going to have this crazy stretch of injuries than that d-bag on the team. 

24 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Amen. He adapts them to fit his scheme wonderfully, but that doesn't translate to NFL football. Smith had to have Harbaugh and Reid work with him after a few years of floundering before he got himself going. Next to him Tebow was probably his best NFL QB. 

Plus remember when a certain Mike (not @Madmike90) said he would have taken Cardale Jones at 7th overall if he had declared? And got into heated debates over just how great/pro ready he was? :D

I'd rather have taken White there knowing he was going to have this crazy stretch of injuries than that d-bag on the team. 

Pretty sure it was one of the IronMike's that said that about Jones, and then they left shortly after that hot take.

25 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Pretty sure it was one of the IronMike's that said that about Jones, and then they left shortly after that hot take.

It was Damike, we had a lot of good arguments. A lot of them. 

This was a consistent one, as well as his  fandom-level love of McCown. Lol

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

It was Damike, we had a lot of good arguments. A lot of them. 

This was a consistent one, as well as his  fandom-level love of McCown. Lol

Lol there is to many Mikes here. Both IronMikes were always good for an argument too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

We are all wrong sometimes.  

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We are all wrong sometimes.  

Oh absolutely. But when you insult someone over them being "too stupid to see the talent" (paraphrasing) and then are wrong, then you deserve to catch **** back. 

If got a long laundry list of bad choices with my drafts and FAs, but I'm not thrashing people because they like a player I don't or anything. Lol

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm just flabbergasted he did nothing to help Tebow become an NFL QB or even a better college QB.  Smith either or any of his QBs it looks like. 

Tebow's throwing motion was just goofy.  He was never going to be accurate throwing a football like that.  Like Shaq trying to be a great shooter.   Tebow could have made it in this league with properly taught fundamentals.  He had brains, work ethic, charisma and leadership.

He was never taught to properly throw a dang football.  Step 1!!!  You had 4 years with him and taught him zero passing concepts (reads) and zero fundamentals.  Meyer  just plays option football and passes off that (which works at any level, but can't work exclusively in pros) and good defense and can recruit his *** off.  I can't believe some people say he should coach in pros.  He can't.  He doesn't have the ability.  Maybe as a HC over coordinators that knew what they were doing. 

Just now, Sugashane said:

Oh absolutely. But when you insult someone over them being "too stupid to see the talent" (paraphrasing) and then are wrong, then you deserve to catch **** back. 

If got a long laundry list of bad choices with my drafts and FAs, but I'm not thrashing people because they like a player I don't or anything. Lol

Well when you start blasting people its a good way to come back and bite you in the *** for sure.

• Like 1