Gearing up for next season

WizardHawk

Draft picks: 
*draft slot for 5-7 will be determined after comp. picks are distributed. 

2[58]
3[91]
4[122]
4[Comp - Hitchens] 
5[TBD]
6[TBD]
7[TBD]

Salary cap situation (from OTC)

2019: $54.7 m
2020: $125.7 m
2021: $148.4 m

Pending Free agents:

DeMarcus Lawrence
Tavon Austin
Cole Beasley
David Irving
Cameron Fleming
Jamize Olawale
L.P. Ladouceur
Marcus Martin
Caraun Reid
Datone Jones
Damien Wilson
Rod Smith
Justin March-Lillard
Geoff Swaim
Darian Thompson (RFA)
Daniel Ross (ERFA)

Possible extensions coming:

Dak Prescott
Zeke Elliott
Amani Cooper
Byron Jones

Retirement watch list:

The Great LP
Sean Lee

They can say whatever they want. We all know they’ll be talking to ET.

Also, just playing around with the cap stuff, pretty conceivable to have roughly $80M available after extending Cooper, restructuring Martin, and cutting a few players (Lee, Hurns, T-Will come to mind). Retaining Lawrence and a few of the others shouldn’t be an issue while still going after a piece or two in free agency. 

Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap is skeptical that we’ll actually end up signing Earl Thomas because the league might deem that to be a tampering violation.

That might be a stretch, never heard anyone offer that perspective before, but I don’t think any of us would be shocked to see the league office stick it to our team just ‘cause. Throw in Thomas’ age and two season ending lower body injuries in the last three years and I don’t think signing him here is any sort of given.

They seem to like Woods at FS...so unless they move him back to SS I don't think we sign Earl Thomas. 

Now if Landon Collins were to somehow hit free agency...maybe we target him to pair up with Woods. Whatever the case, I hope they don't stick with Heath at SS. The guy isn't as bad as some make him out to be, but we could do with an upgrade. 

I'd like us to take a look at Sheldon Richardson. Gerald McCoy wouldn't be a bad signing either if he does get cut.

10 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap is skeptical that we’ll actually end up signing Earl Thomas because the league might deem that to be a tampering violation.

That might be a stretch, never heard anyone offer that perspective before, but I don’t think any of us would be shocked to see the league office stick it to our team just ‘cause. Throw in Thomas’ age and two season ending lower body injuries in the last three years and I don’t think signing him here is any sort of given.

I think that's a bit of a stretch, considering all we initiated was a trade attempt. He's the one who ran down JG

1 minute ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I think that's a bit of a stretch, considering all we initiated was a trade attempt. He's the one who ran down JG

Probably, but we’ve definitely seen that Roger will impose just about any punishment if the owners cry about it enough. This seems like the kind of situation where they would.

I mean the Lakers didn’t even sign Paul George and the league still fined them because OKC complained loudly enough. I know it’s a different sport but don’t you think Goodell sees that and gets a little excited if you know what I mean? Dude clearly gets a rise out of being the long arm of the law.

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Tampering? How does he figure that? Because ET said "look me up" 2 yrs ago?

Re-sign DLaw.
Attempt to sign Landon Collins. 
Earl Thomas is looking to get PAID. SF will prob. pay him. 
JJ and SJ over rules JG and fires SL. 
Rod is ok with demotion to DL or consultant. 
Kris Richards becomes DC. 
Let David Irving go FA. No one signs him? See if he wants to come back for league minimum. 

Archived