Gearing up for next season

WizardHawk

32 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

You mean "than"?

And I agree with Des, would be floored if the Giants let him hit the market

I don't think there is as big of difference in the two safety positions that ET and Woods couldn't both be on the field at the same time. For instance, last off season the staff said Heath was more of a center fielder and cover guy, but this year they let Woods do it and Heath simply played the other spot. The spot Byron Jones the CB was physical enough to man for 3 years.

Woods or an aging ET can play slightly closer to the line and cover slower guys and be okay.

32 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't think there is as big of difference in the two safety positions that ET and Woods couldn't both be on the field at the same time. For instance, last off season the staff said Heath was more of a center fielder and cover guy, but this year they let Woods do it and Heath simply played the other spot. The spot Byron Jones the CB was physical enough to man for 3 years.

Woods or an aging ET can play slightly closer to the line and cover slower guys and be okay.

So you'd rather have Woods with or Thomas or Collins than Heath. Gotcha

I mean yeah no duh. I misunderstand your original comment. And I agree with everything you just said. Woods can definitely play SS if need be. 

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

So you'd rather have Woods with or Thomas or Collins than Heath. Gotcha

I mean yeah no duh. I misunderstand your original comment. And I agree with everything you just said. Woods can definitely play SS if need be. 

Yes. People were saying we won't sign ET because we have Woods. I'd rather pair him.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yes. People were saying we won't sign ET because we have Woods. I'd rather pair him.

I'd rather that too, but...who knows how the staff will view it. Richard might not give a damn and make both work.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, resilient part 2 said:

I still have a hard time believing ET won't become a Cowboy. Its the type of Splash JJ would want to make all while ET wanting to "go home"

time will tell.

Repeat after me:

This is not the early 2000s. We don't make "splash" plays in free agency anymore. 

47 minutes ago, D82 said:

Repeat after me:

This is not the early 2000s. We don't make "splash" plays in free agency anymore. 

We tried to sign Sammy Watkins for $16M per just this last year.

This is the same schtick from people who said "we never draft offensive line in the first round" before the 2011 draft.

You are right, we haven't been super active in free agency. But where need meets opportunity and value they will take a swing. I have a very hard time believing that the Cowboys were willing to part with a 2nd rounder for Earl Thomas but aren't comfortable signing him now that he's a free agent.

17 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We tried to sign Sammy Watkins for $16M per just this last year.

This is the same schtick from people who said "we never draft offensive line in the first round" before the 2011 draft.

You are right, we haven't been super active in free agency. But where need meets opportunity and value they will take a swing. I have a very hard time believing that the Cowboys were willing to part with a 2nd rounder for Earl Thomas but aren't comfortable signing him now that he's a free agent.

Sure. I should have clarified. It isn't just Jerry making decisions now. It's the Jones/McClay/Garrett show.

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Image result for oh boy here we go gif

Well, well, well. Now this is an interesting development. If this is true it really doesn't surprise me I guess. What a shame to. I think he could kill it if his number was called more. 

I also wonder how he knows this. And shame on JG for letting it happen. This kinda sucks when you get right down to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived