rcon14 Mock 1.0

rcon14

21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'll be shocked if we draft 3 kids from Wisconsin in one draft.

I would too. For TJ, it's really going to depend on how well he works out. If his numbers are poor, he won't even be on GB's board. David seems like he's going to fit what GB looks for. Alec Ingold was just random FB. You can pick whoever the heck you want to be the UDFA FB.

33 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I would too. For TJ, it's really going to depend on how well he works out. If his numbers are poor, he won't even be on GB's board. David seems like he's going to fit what GB looks for. Alec Ingold was just random FB. You can pick whoever the heck you want to be the UDFA FB.

How about Malcolm Johnson?  The fullback that is on the roster for $645,000?

At least Spotrac has him on the roster and as a fullback.... (I honestly wasn't aware of that until I went there this morning for something else.)

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How about Malcolm Johnson?  The fullback that is on the roster for $645,000?

At least Spotrac has him on the roster and as a fullback.... (I honestly wasn't aware of that until I went there this morning for something else.)

Malcolm Johnson has did not play in an NFL game in 2017. Sure, he could be the guy. The point wasn't really "Alec Ingold yes" it was more "we're going to have someone play FB."

Man, talk about facing the hard truth: Perry and Graham were mistakes to sign. That one's been tough to swallow.

I like the idea of Tyrell Williams too. He could be that nice value piece we could use at WR, but I'm also counting on big steps by the guys drafted last year.

One question: Do you think this draft is deep enough at EDGE to justify taking Polite, who could be the 4th-5th EDGE taken by the time we select at 12?

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Man, talk about facing the hard truth: Perry and Graham were mistakes to sign. That one's been tough to swallow.

I like the idea of Tyrell Williams too. He could be that nice value piece we could use at WR, but I'm also counting on big steps by the guys drafted last year.

One question: Do you think this draft is deep enough at EDGE to justify taking Polite, who could be the 4th-5th EDGE taken by the time we select at 12?

Perry and Graham...was it tough to swallow?  After Perry's contract year, it would have been a tough one to swallow had he been allowed to leave.  I think he was (not even arguably) one of the top pass rushers that would have been available.  

Graham...I do get the angst.  Production versus contract.  

Despite those two...GB is still in a fine cap situation.  Now...if GB was up against the cap...then that pill is tough.  But now?  Not so much.

About Polite and #12?  ...and I like Polite, but I think his measurements at the combine will be big for him.  No pun intended.  For me at #12, I think the Board would have to be pretty devastated and I'd almost rather trade down.  All that despite how much I do like him.

8 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

So right now, and obviously the combine may change this, but I have 6 EDGE in a rough top 15.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Perry and Graham...was it tough to swallow?  After Perry's contract year, it would have been a tough one to swallow had he been allowed to leave.  I think he was (not even arguably) one of the top pass rushers that would have been available.  

Graham...I do get the angst.  Production versus contract.  

Despite those two...GB is still in a fine cap situation.  Now...if GB was up against the cap...then that pill is tough.  But now?  Not so much.

About Polite and #12?  ...and I like Polite, but I think his measurements at the combine will be big for him.  No pun intended.  For me at #12, I think the Board would have to be pretty devastated and I'd almost rather trade down.  All that despite how much I do like him.

Perry's contact is tough to swallow regardless.   He was a guy who had almost as many sacks in that second contract year as he had in his 4 previous years as a pro (11 compared to 12.5).  He was also a guy who'd never played a full season (and still is).  It's not like we gave that huge contract to a consistent pass rusher, we gave a huge contract to a guy who struggled terribly at getting pressure to the QB before that season.  Must have been something in the water in 2016 as Erik Walden also had 11 sacks that season.  

The idea of losing our top pass rusher in UFA that season would have hurt but nothing in his production since he signed that contract would supported that.  He's been a large part of this defense's problem.  

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Perry's contact is tough to swallow regardless.   He was a guy who had almost as many sacks in that second contract year as he had in his 4 previous years as a pro (11 compared to 12.5).  He was also a guy who'd never played a full season (and still is).  It's not like we gave that huge contract to a consistent pass rusher, we gave a huge contract to a guy who struggled terribly at getting pressure to the QB before that season.  Must have been something in the water in 2016 as Erik Walden also had 11 sacks that season.  

The idea of losing our top pass rusher in UFA that season would have hurt but nothing in his production since he signed that contract would supported that.  He's been a large part of this defense's problem.  

Did you count his playoff sacks?  He played well in playoff games.  Perry that is....

Hindsight is a fun part about being a fan.  

Agree that him not being on the field hurt.  He may have been a really good Edge in the system.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

Did you count his playoff sacks?  He played well in playoff games.  Perry that is....

Hindsight is a fun part about being a fan.  

Agree that him not being on the field hurt.  He may have been a really good Edge in the system.  

Nick Perry's problem has been injuries. In the one year Nick Perry was largely healthy he was an absolute monster. Athletically, coming out of college, he was a high-end athlete as well...

Nick Perry scores: 83rd percentile Mass, 98th percentile Power, 99th percentile Speed 40, 63rd percentile Agility, 98th percentile Speed 10, did have a terrible 3rd percentile twitch.

These scores largely line up with his play style. He's not a dip and bend EDGE, he wants to convert his speed to power and bowl over the OT. Problem is, all the injuries have clearly sapped his ability to do that and I'm not sure it's every coming back.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Who and what spots?

Bosa in his own tier

Allen, Gary in the next tier

Polite, Burns, Ferrell in the next

These tiers are subject to change (and players fall off entirely or new ones join) come March.

54 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Bosa in his own tier

These tiers are subject to change (and players fall off entirely or new ones join) come March.

Thank you!

I put Ferrell in that second tier, move Gary down with Polite.

I put another tier in there, Burns and Sweat.

Then there is that Ximes (Old Dominion kid) and Ferguson.  And I know I'm missing some.

For now.

Guessing the combine will change things.  I can see Ferguson rising.  I can see Polite rising.  I can see Ferrell falling.  If Ferrell is smart (and I hope he isn't for our sake) he will do his drills on his campus.  He's not going to test as well as a lot of those guys apples to apples at the combine.

39 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Bosa in his own tier

Cool, thanks. 

I'm still not crazy about taking a player from the third tier when i'm sitting at 12, but I totally understand your thought process.

Out of curiosity, do you have any CB/DTs (or any other propect) that you put above Polite, Burns, and Ferrell?

6 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Cool, thanks. 

I'm still not crazy about taking a player from the third tier when i'm sitting at 12, but I totally understand your thought process.

Out of curiosity, do you have any CB/DTs (or any other propect) that you put above Polite, Burns, and Ferrell?

Right now probably just Greedy Williams and Quinten Williams. I have Simmons and Oliver in the tier with that EDGE trio.

Archived