Raiders Defense

Rolni

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Greg Williams defenses always have a little of that. And they have a dog in Adams. 

I think the Raiders had some of that with Abram and Burfict and now PG is just trying to piece together a defense with scrubs like Morrow in his front 7.

And honestly... for the life of me, I can't name the 3rd starting LB. So that tells me what we have. Morrow, ****head and who's #3

Abram, Burfict and Joseph were bringing that physicality to some extent. Now i guess Swearinger is supposed to bring that but he just got ran over by a QB!

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Greg Williams defenses always have a little of that. And they have a dog in Adams. 

I think the Raiders had some of that with Abram and Burfict and now PG is just trying to piece together a defense with scrubs like Morrow in his front 7.

And honestly... for the life of me, I can't name the 3rd starting LB. So that tells me what we have. Morrow, ****head and who's #3

Compton is #3 but we are playing 4-2-5 atm.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Was Reggie stupid... because he watched the same crap happen and never addressed it. 

At times he was. Don't forget the wack picks like Ward. Still got lots of love for Reggie but man he did some questionable things at times. I don't see how we get through the offseason without a big move at LB. FA, 1st rounder, trade, something. I wanna see how Marquel Lee looks for us for the rest of the year if he can play. Not sure what to make of him but maybe he could be an eventual starter as a SLB or rotate. Morrow needs to step it up big time, he has the tools. Everyone already wants Littleton so I'll also suggest Trevathan as a potential target for us in FA.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mayock isn't stupid. He's watching the games too. I guarantee we'll make significant additions at LB in the offseason.

TBH I didnt like the presser Guenther did early on in his tenure where he talked about the LB situation and 'coaching guys up' seemed to imply just like the previous regime that they don't value the position and overestimate their ability to turn UDFAs and low round picks into starters.

Sometimes coaches think they can work miracles with anyone and that type of ego can signal their downfall, hope that's not what we've got here! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

TBH I didnt like the presser Guenther did early on in his tenure where he talked about the LB situation and 'coaching guys up' seemed to imply just like the previous regime that they don't value the position and overestimate their ability to turn UDFAs and low round picks into starters.

Sometimes coaches think they can work miracles with anyone and that type of ego can signal their downfall, hope that's not what we've got here! 

I think that with this excess of picks and money, Mayock and the staff will realize that it's a great idea to bring in a talented LB or two, especially considering the draft and FA pool have both.

Considering how much Mayock likes Clemson and Bama, Moses and Simmons are both great draftable options.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Ah... I honestly go do laundry or yard work when the defense takes the field. I'm so checked out. I'll catch the 3-4 highlights in the post game lol

We should have Lee back and Preston Brown into the fold now too.  Not sure if either can help, but I don't see how it could be worse than it's been.

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Abram, Burfict and Joseph were bringing that physicality to some extent. Now i guess Swearinger is supposed to bring that but he just got ran over by a QB!

Swearinger is about as physical as melted butter.  The guy talks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.  Erik Harris holding onto L. Bell and being dragged 10 yards while holding on for dear life was embarrassing.  I swear, I literally whispered to myself that J. Abram should've just played through injury.  J. Abram with one arm could provide bigger, more violent hits than the two sissies we had playing safety this weekend.  There wasn't an ounce of grit in Raiders uniform this weekend.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Swearinger is about as physical as melted butter.  The guy talks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.  Erik Harris holding onto L. Bell and being dragged 10 yards while holding on for dear life was embarrassing.  I swear, I literally whispered to myself that J. Abram should've just played through injury.  J. Abram with one arm could provide bigger, more violent hits than the two sissies we had playing safety this weekend.  There wasn't an ounce of grit in Raiders uniform this weekend.

Harris is a good coverage safety, but shouldn't be down in the box. I agree we need some "dogs". Especially at LB, who will run and chase, diagnose plays, and prevent easy completions.

We also do need one more interior pass rusher. Quinnen wrecked our run game and collapsed the pocket. Derrick Brown or Kinlaw could be that guy.

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

At times he was. Don't forget the wack picks like Ward. Still got lots of love for Reggie but man he did some questionable things at times. I don't see how we get through the offseason without a big move at LB. FA, 1st rounder, trade, something. I wanna see how Marquel Lee looks for us for the rest of the year if he can play. Not sure what to make of him but maybe he could be an eventual starter as a SLB or rotate. Morrow needs to step it up big time, he has the tools. Everyone already wants Littleton so I'll also suggest Trevathan as a potential target for us in FA.

If Lee can be something at SLB I would target Littleton in FA and draft Kenneth Murray with one of our 1st round picks.