Raiders Defense

Rolni

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Robert Saleh's defense puts together another exceptional performance, holding Arizona to just 12 points. The man's energy is infectious. And they're doing it without Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, Javon Kinlaw, Richard Sherman, Solomon Thomas, Jimmy Ward, etc.

Coordinator matters!

If we can pay Carl Nassib 9.5m to be inactive then there’s no reason we shouldn’t be giving some elite DC candidate 1.5x the highest pay for a DC to recruit the best coordinator.  It doesn’t even count against the cap! Not to mention if we’re that cheap then just carry over the amount your spend on the DC in unspent cap Room.  There’s no better return on investment than a good DC.

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

What’s everyone’s honest opinion on Maxx Crosby? You view him as a every down DE or you think he’s a situational pass rusher?

For me I look at him and think he would thrive in a situational pass rusher role. 

He was massively overrated coming into the season because he had 10 sacks last year but people ignored the fact that 5.5 of those sacks came in 2 games and he only had 4.5 sacks in our other 14. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was massively overrated coming into the season because he had 10 sacks last year but people ignored the fact that 5.5 of those sacks came in 2 games and he only had 4.5 sacks in our other 14. 

I’d like to see him as a olb similar to watt and bud in Pitt 

31 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

What’s everyone’s honest opinion on Maxx Crosby? You view him as a every down DE or you think he’s a situational pass rusher?

For me I look at him and think he would thrive in a situational pass rusher role. 

Not a 3 down DE. People think he's great because sacks.

I think Crosby is pretty good for a 4th round pick that came in as a starter. More of a reflection of how terrible the rest of the defense is when he came in and put up the most sacks. Liability against the run, but always good effort. Kind of what you want out of a 4th round pick. Just forced into being a full time starter.

Crosby def was overrated by fans coming into the season. He hasn’t made that jump you would like. As a 4th round pick I think you’re getting great value of your pick, but he shouldn’t be starting and that’s more on the team then him. 

Look forward to see the growth over the off season and into next season with a new defense hopefully he can pick things up as a rotational player 

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Crosby def was overrated by fans coming into the season. He hasn’t made that jump you would like. As a 4th round pick I think you’re getting great value of your pick, but he shouldn’t be starting and that’s more on the team then him. 

Look forward to see the growth over the off season and into next season with a new defense hopefully he can pick things up as a rotational player 

He needs to get stronger and get better coaching. He crashes inside on every run play. It's maddening. He should be a 3rd down guy mainly rn IMO.

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Definitely situational pass rusher.

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Should be playing RDE and Ferrell LDE.