Raiders Defense

Rolni

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Malik Harrison as a SLB in the third round is a better value than Murray at #19 IMO. 

That seems like the perfect value pick.  Harrison is a very capable run defender and a 3rd to fill a position that is only a starter in name as it only sees the field 40% of the time, plus Lee could get some of those snaps too.

One of the things that I really like about our two LB signings (Littleton & Kwiatkoski) is that they're both entering their primes, both guys will be 27 this season. Plus Kwit transitioned from safety to LB in college so he still has a ton of room to grow and Littleton transitioned from DE to LB in the NFL so he too has a ton of room to grow. Hopefully both guys make a big jump this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

One of the things that I really like about our two LB signings (Littleton & Kwiatkoski) is that they're both entering their primes, both guys will be 27 this season. Plus Kwit transitioned from safety to LB in college so he still has a ton of room to grow and Littleton transitioned from DE to LB in the NFL so he too has a ton of room to grow. Hopefully both guys make a big jump this year. 

Collins and Nassib too! I think Nassib has The most potential to grow.  Pass rushers usually hit their prime at 26-27, which he is.

nassib was rawwww coming out of PSU, he had 1 year of experience and put up 15 sacks in those 10 games as a senior.  I Think when he got to the NFL he struggled for 3 reasons: he was playing 3-4 olb with Cleveland, Cleveland was a mess as an organization, and he was still too raw.  I’m not saying he’s going to explode, but I could see him giving us 8-11 sacks if he gets enough PT.  He was getting 6-6.5 sacks the last 2 years and wasn’t getting full starter Playing Time.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We definitely aren't exponentially better in the secondary. I don't want heath or apple to start.

Agree about Heath, but you never know with Apple. Still want them to go after a CB in the draft, but I think he has a chance to be a starter. He had a decent season with the Saints. Still inconsistent and had some brainfarts, but had some good games too. He fits our scheme and has the physical traits we covet. 

I wouldn’t say I’m particularly confident, but I could see him build on last season and surprise us.

On 2020. 03. 28. at 10:27 PM, big_palooka said:

Wait until you see Eli Apple...

Hasn't played a down yet in Vegas, and I can already hear Raider Nation cursing his name lol.

With all the penalities he gonna get...

On 28/03/2020 at 5:27 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Collins and Nassib too! I think Nassib has The most potential to grow.  Pass rushers usually hit their prime at 26-27, which he is.

nassib was rawwww coming out of PSU, he had 1 year of experience and put up 15 sacks in those 10 games as a senior.  I Think when he got to the NFL he struggled for 3 reasons: he was playing 3-4 olb with Cleveland, Cleveland was a mess as an organization, and he was still too raw.  I’m not saying he’s going to explode, but I could see him giving us 8-11 sacks if he gets enough PT.  He was getting 6-6.5 sacks the last 2 years and wasn’t getting full starter Playing Time.

I remember and liked Nassib coming out and the more I read about him, the more I like the signing. As you say, he was raw and didn't arrive in a great situation. If anyone is primed to make a jump then its probably him 😀

On 28/03/2020 at 8:21 PM, reddevil said:

Agree about Heath, but you never know with Apple. Still want them to go after a CB in the draft, but I think he has a chance to be a starter. He had a decent season with the Saints. Still inconsistent and had some brainfarts, but had some good games too. He fits our scheme and has the physical traits we covet. 

I wouldn’t say I’m particularly confident, but I could see him build on last season and surprise us.

I think we're sleeping on Lawson a little bit, he didn't look bad to me at all last season and even if we draft a guy he could be the one to hold down the fort in the short term till the rookie is ready, his coverage was pretty good even though he needs a bucket to catch anything.  Not a fan of Apple as a player but the signing is fine, he's really cheap so its a shot to nothing basically. Wonder if Nixon will step up this year or if he's just a guy that flashes in pre season like so many before?

• Like 1