Raiders Defense

Rolni

40 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need more production off the edge from Irvin or someone else if we wanna play good defense. Mack is getting so much attention and for what? We're at the bottom of the league in sacks. We are every single year it seems like. And if you take Mack off the team, we'll be 32nd in sacks every year because he simply isn't getting enough help. MEJ, Autry, and Vanderdoes are good enough inside, but we need an edge presence to really do some work along with Mack. Maybe in the draft?

I'm with you there. I think it wouldn't hurt to sign a quality rusher or draft one within the first two days of next year's draft. Irvin is a jack of all trades but master of none type player. We need a true pass rusher even if he gives something up in coverage. Of Irvin's 379 snaps, only 60 have had him drop into coverage per PFF.

I'm still holding out a bit of hope for Shilique Calhoun. He has looked resurgent since he was called up a couple weeks ago.

I'm really hoping we see this team get to legit Super bowl contender status where a FA will join to get a ring. Seattle was able to lure Avril and Bennett as part of their run. 

Also... I wish Reggie wasn't so stingy with his draft picks. There is a lot of opportunity out there that presents itself and his 2nd - 5th round picks have been meh for the most part.