Rolni

Raiders Defense

12 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Knowing now that Sweat dropped I personally take White at 4 and Sweat at 24.  It is not even close for me.  It would have been close but I still probably take White not knowing Sweat would drop.  I probably take Anthony Nelson as a mid rounder over Ferrell at 4.  I have to trust the team however I do not like the mind set that Allen is not good enough because he got pushed around sometimes.  These are college players and are going to have ups and downs.  We now have a couple athletic 3T and below average athletic edge players.

I wanted Allen and would have added Sweat @ 24. Ferrell and Sweat would have improved my overall view of our picks. I'm not big on 1st round Safeties so...

4)Ferrell OK Allen even at Sam would have made me happier.

24)Sweat I had above Ferrell after he didn't run at the combine and Sweat killed it.

27) Jacobs is good but I probably grabbed CB Greedy and 100% after trading down in the 2nd round twice.

I trust Mayock will get us quality football players and wanted solid picks his first go around. Sounds like Gruden wanted Jacobs @16 and if so, I'm glad Chucky has a trusted GM working it with him. Reggie would have just done whatever Gruden asked but I've got a feeling Mayock will be listened to more the first few years, especially if the picks pan out or players fall and get picked later.

19 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's why I love the Crosby selection so much, he may even be my favorite pick of the draft tbh. He is so advanced with his technique and hand usage AND is explosive. It's just his strength which is severely lacking.

Watching some of his YouTube videos it looks like his feet are never planted when he engages the OT.

A lot of the time 1 foot is not on the ground when is trying to use his hands, I think that has something  to do with him not being strong.

5 hours ago, G said:

I wanted Allen and would have added Sweat @ 24. Ferrell and Sweat would have improved my overall view of our picks. I'm not big on 1st round Safeties so...

4)Ferrell OK Allen even at Sam would have made me happier.

24)Sweat I had above Ferrell after he didn't run at the combine and Sweat killed it.

27) Jacobs is good but I probably grabbed CB Greedy and 100% after trading down in the 2nd round twice.

I trust Mayock will get us quality football players and wanted solid picks his first go around. Sounds like Gruden wanted Jacobs @16 and if so, I'm glad Chucky has a trusted GM working it with him. Reggie would have just done whatever Gruden asked but I've got a feeling Mayock will be listened to more the first few years, especially if the picks pan out or players fall and get picked later.

I have a thread on page 2 were you can post a post mock draft so we have a place to look back at everyone's choices after the season.  Every year we criticize the team for its choices and say what we would have done.  I am going to rename it Me vs Mayock.  You should post one there.  I would love to get everyone's choices so we can have a good discussion at years end.