Raiders Defense

Rolni

Can we keep saying it's the d-coordinator? I don't think Paul is ground breaking but he needs some help in the middle and our guys are hurt in that particular area. I actually think the coverage has been better. Yesterday Jets wrs made some great contested Grabs. 

We've always got killed across middle because our lack of MLB presence 

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

We're probably not picking high enough to grab one of the "can't miss" guys, and I will be furious if we use another first on another D-lineman while ignoring the rest of the D anyway. 

DT is a major need. The Raiders lack any resemblance of interior pressure. And DT would go a long way to helping free up pass rushers and LBs (when they finally have them)

Nothing about Hall/Hurst says they are more than just guys right now. Brown or Kinlaw could truly impact the position and Dline.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

DT is a major need. The Raiders lack any resemblance of interior pressure. And DT would go a long way to helping free up pass rushers and LBs (when they finally have them)

Nothing about Hall/Hurst says they are more than just guys right now. Brown or Kinlaw could truly impact the position and Dline.

Two major concessions on my part.  One, DT is looking more and more like a need so I completely agree.  Two, Brown is growing on me.  At first I didn't think his film (never claimed to have any idea how to scout... more of an eye guy) was up to snuff, but the more I see the more I like.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Armstead in FA should be an option as well.

One thing about this defense that annoys me is how soft they’re. Jets don’t have a lot of talent on defense, but they play physical. They smack you around. Just don’t see that with the Raiders defense. Maybe that’s says more about PG but it’s something that needs to change. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

One thing about this defense that annoys me is how soft they’re. Jets don’t have a lot of talent on defense, but they play physical. They smack you around. Just don’t see that with the Raiders defense. Maybe that’s says more about PG but it’s something that needs to change. 

Greg mf Williams 

my fav def cord in the nfl

i think he’s the only def cord that could match grudens energy 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Has been for 15 + seasons. The last notable LB this team has had is Greg Biekert. Some have been screaming to upgrade the LBs for 10 years now.

Yup and it sucks cause the last 2 drafts had some pretty good rangy mlbs 🤷🏾‍♂️ I think the losses of kjo and Abrams are really showing how bad our lbs are.

is Compton really the best lb available?

that new lb from the bengals is slow also I don’t get it

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Greg Williams defenses always have a little of that. And they have a dog in Adams. 

I think the Raiders had some of that with Abram and Burfict and now PG is just trying to piece together a defense with scrubs like Morrow in his front 7.

And honestly... for the life of me, I can't name the 3rd starting LB. So that tells me what we have. Morrow, ****head and who's #3