Raiders Defense

Rolni

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders have two players they can build around. Crosby and Mullen and hopefully a third in Abrams. Rest of the defense is filled in players that are replaceable. This years FA is going to be very important for this defense. Adding draft picks on the defense side is needed, but it needs some key FA additions so it can be competitive. 

I think Hankins is good to have around as well. Harris is fine as a backup and STer too imo. Virtually no one else should feel comfortable though. Ferrell will get more chances due to draft status, and PJ will get one more year I think.

• Like 1

Really want to see Joseph, Abram and Harris next year. Riley has also grown on me a bit, but I could see an upgrade. We may be able to nab KJo with a 1 year prove it deal, that’ll let him cash in as a healthy FA. Also, liked watching Worley matchup vs Kelce a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Really want to see Joseph, Abram and Harris next year. Riley has also grown on me a bit, but I could see an upgrade. We may be able to nab KJo with a 1 year prove it deal, that’ll let him cash in as a healthy FA. Also, liked watching Worley matchup vs Kelce a bit.

Went better than I expected. I honestly feared it would go horribly. But then again everything else we've tried has. Riley can go, so can Joyner. KJ can stay on that kind of deal but should not prevent us from addressing FS if the right situation arises.

58 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

With both 1st round picks sitting in the late teens, i don't think Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw or the top WRs are available. Moses could be an option or some DBs (Delpit, Fulton, McKinney).

I'm not sure db is the way I would go. They act like they really like mullen, Johnson and Abram. Get rid of lawson and joyner. Add a vet corner and safety in Fa. Hopefully an up and coming team moving to vegas can get better fa this year to join. 

Worley is a nice option to take over Joyners role. His size and his coverage ability gives him a better chance than Joyner. I would include Worley in the list of players worth keeping going into next year. Raiders would benefit greatly if I.Johnson stepped up or a FA CB came to the team. Worley at CB is okay, but I really liked what I saw from him when covering Kelce. 

Raiders have to bite the bullet and release Joyner. It just hasn’t worked and he’s to small and lack of size is not something that you can have when we play in a division with really good TEs

I said it in the draft thread safety is a huge need. You have Abrams and Harris is better off as your third safety. Raiders need a big upgrade on the back end. There’s a couple of FAs safety’s available. Might be better off drafting one. 

Edited by agarcia34

The FAs DBs from the Vikings should be worth keeping an eye on due to scheme familiarity. The Vikings don't have cap room at the moment. Anthony Harris (FS), Trae Waynes (CB), Mackensie Alexander (NB) and Jayron Kearse (S). I think Kearse could be a nice bargain signing. The others will be more expensive.

• Like 1

Just now, oakdb36 said:

We went 2-2 in the last 4....

That is true.  I think back to the Nnamdi days when our pass D was off the charts but we would hemorrhage against the run.  Hopefully we are getting better against the pass, pressure helps that a TON.  

1 minute ago, Totty said:

That is true.  I think back to the Nnamdi days when our pass D was off the charts but we would hemorrhage against the run.  Hopefully we are getting better against the pass, pressure helps that a TON.  

I think it was the year we went 2-14 and our O was last in the league. Teams just had to show up and not turn the ball over. I think we're a bit better this season. 

• Like 1