Raiders Defense

Rolni

48 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think it was the year we went 2-14 and our O was last in the league. Teams just had to show up and not turn the ball over. I think we're a bit better this season. 

Also the CBs opposite Nnamdi sucked so he always looked better.  Why throw his way when on the other side it was automatic or run the ball for an automatic 5 yards.  After you score 14 points just run out the clock.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Worley is a nice option to take over Joyners role. His size and his coverage ability gives him a better chance than Joyner. I would include Worley in the list of players worth keeping going into next year. Raiders would benefit greatly if I.Johnson stepped up or a FA CB came to the team. Worley at CB is okay, but I really liked what I saw from him when covering Kelce. 

Raiders have to bite the bullet and release Joyner. It just hasn’t worked and he’s to small and lack of size is not something that you can have when we play in a division with really good TEs

I said it in the draft thread safety is a huge need. You have Abrams and Harris is better off as your third safety. Raiders need a big upgrade on the back end. There’s a couple of FAs safety’s available. Might be better off drafting one. 

Abrams, Joseph, and Harris is the way to go.  I think Joseph looks better than any other FAs in our D next year.

Don’t understand the love KJ gets. He’s average at best undersized and whenever he’s on the field the offense has the advantage. I wouldn’t resign him. I know what he is and it’s a average football Player. When your in the same division as Mahomes average is not gonna cut. Just my opinion. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Don’t understand the love KJ gets. He’s average at best undersized and whenever he’s on the field the offense has the advantage. I wouldn’t resign him. I know what he is and it’s a average football Player. When your in the same division as Mahomes average is not gonna cut. Just my opinion. 

I think the idea is to keep him around one year in case we don't find anyone better this offseason depending on how things work out. From that standpoint I agree with it. But in the end, he cant hang with Kelce or TEs and that is a problem

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Listen to Mayock predraft take on KoJo. Couple that with the system PG plays, with S1 and S2 instead of FS and SS, and take into consideration Abrams was drafted to matchup with Kelce and Henry.

KoJo has a role on this team, that he can thrive in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Hes like Swearinger without the penalties. Abram can basically do his job too. 

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Also the CBs opposite Nnamdi sucked so he always looked better.  Why throw his way when on the other side it was automatic or run the ball for an automatic 5 yards.  After you score 14 points just run out the clock.

Chris Johnson was pretty good 

The defense is better than last years. The rookie wall might make it look worse but Maxx keeps improving. Clemson players are use to extra games and Mullen is rested from not playing much.Johnson is an unknown. For not carrying or having top quality LB's we actually hold up better than expected. Hopefully two rookies will fix that next year or at least improve it.

Overall I'm happy with the improvement of the whole team from last year. Need to keep it together, finish strong and maybe sneak into a wildcard spot and beat a team. 

I'm praying Whitehead and Morrow are gone next year. Lee should get a chance in the next few weeks, but we need to bring in minimum 2 LB's next year through FA and the draft.

Joyner IMO should be gone unless he really steps up the next few weeks.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm praying Whitehead and Morrow are gone next year. Lee should get a chance in the next few weeks, but we need to bring in minimum 2 LB's next year through FA and the draft.

Joyner IMO should be gone unless he really steps up the next few weeks.

Littleton in free agency and Simmons in the draft please. 

• Like 5