Raiders Defense

Rolni

On 12/3/2019 at 12:33 AM, oakdb36 said:

With both 1st round picks sitting in the late teens, i don't think Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw or the top WRs are available. Moses could be an option or some DBs (Delpit, Fulton, McKinney).

Let's see where they end up. Chicago has a murderers row coming up and there are a lot of teams 1-2 wins behind them. They could pick anywhere from 8-20 depending on how things shake out. Let's see.

14 hours ago, Geezy said:

Chris Johnson was pretty good 

He was decent and had 1 good year.  The point was certain players or aspects of the team looked better because teams did not have to look their direction.  Routt and Washington both had a good year when they were the #1 CB also.

22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let's see where they end up. Chicago has a murderers row coming up and there are a lot of teams 1-2 wins behind them. They could pick anywhere from 8-20 depending on how things shake out. Let's see.

Bears can legit go 0-4 rest of the way

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They are the worst 6-6 team imaginable. Refs gave them the Denver game. They got Detroits 2nd and 3rd string QBs. They should be a 3 win team right now, sucks man.

I try not to think of what if's but it is hard with Chicago this year.  As a 3 win team we could be in the running for Young.

22 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The CB we signed to the PS (Jordan Brown) was projected to go day 2 (higher than Johnson) in the last draft. Could be in the mix for a roster spot next year. He was at the senior bowl so the staff already coached him.

I don’t recall anyone really projecting him that high. 

On 04/12/2019 at 10:00 PM, big_palooka said:

They are the worst 6-6 team imaginable. Refs gave them the Denver game. They got Detroits 2nd and 3rd string QBs. They should be a 3 win team right now, sucks man.

Cant agree with this, they aren't anywhere near last years vintage mainly through injury and improvements in the other teams in the division but they just beat Dallas comfortably without Hicks, DRC, Roquan Smith and Danny Trevethan. They are also missing Long and Burton long term. They have a weak OL and Trubusky is below average at best but that D is still good and Robinson is a genuine stud. We played very well to beat them and we shouldn't downplay that or take away from our boys.

That said, of course I'd want their pick as high as possible! 

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Cant agree with this, they aren't anywhere near last years vintage mainly through injury and improvements in the other teams in the division but they just beat Dallas comfortably without Hicks, DRC, Roquan Smith and Danny Trevethan. They are also missing Long and Burton long term. They have a weak OL and Trubusky is below average at best but that D is still good and Robinson is a genuine stud. We played very well to beat them and we shouldn't downplay that or take away from our boys.

That said, of course I'd want their pick as high as possible! 

Good news for us they play KC and then at GB, Min. Their playoff chances are very slim. If Minnesota can just beat Detroit and the Chargers, Chi will need to win out against that schedule. This guarantees their pick will be 19 at the lowest.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

14 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Hurst is in pretty good company there. He has been limited to a pass rushing role and doing a good job. Can he take on a bigger role in the next couple years though?

It's all about player growth. I'm unsure who Hurst and Hall are at this point. Both are definitely at least average, but beyond that, it's hard to tell.

I know PG doesn't have the guys he needs, but he gotta go. Someone has to take the bullet for this. Cause this defense is bad like really really bad. The Raiders need a change at  DC. Need a new face. Need a new scheme. For the better part of my life. I have seen this defense be awful 99 percent of the time. Honestly can't remember when the Raiders had a decent defense. I don't know how you can keep PG going into Vegas. This team lacks talent on defense with a few pieces that you can build with. They have ignored the LB position for so long and the middle of this defense is so weak cause of it. Teams constantly attack the middle of the field over and over and over. Seeing Whitehead and Morrow out there is disgusting. Will Compton was a podcaster before he signed with the Raiders can't blame him much. He's just trying to get some nice checks one last time. 

Joyner has been a huge FA bust. Eat the cap hit so you don't have to deal with him. On the first day where you can release players Whitehead, Joyner need to be given their walking papers. 

DT's all around have been bad. Hankins is the best one. Hurst and Hall are just guys. DT is a huge need. 

Raiders need to open up the bank on defensive players in FA. There's a few difference makers that will be available on defense in FA. Raiders can't be cheap. 

I don't know who is out there as far as defensive coordinators, but Gruden needs to do the right thing and that makes the change. Give an up and coming DC a shot. Maybe they can be creative enough to bring something new to this team. PG scheme just not cutting it. 

Edited by agarcia34