Raiders Defense

Rolni

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Losing one player doesn't justify allowing 400 ypg and 30 ppg though. 

losing that green dot week 1 definitely hurts, yea it isnt entirely to blame but it has def impacted the defense. Especially when the alternative is Morrow and a guy we picked up about 3 weeks ago.  

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

losing that green dot week 1 definitely hurts, yea it isnt entirely to blame but it has def impacted the defense. Especially when the alternative is Morrow and a guy we picked up about 3 weeks ago.  

The alternate is Cory Littleton, the guy we just gave one of the biggest LB contracts in NFL history too. We only play with 3 LB's like 15-20% of the time. 

15 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We all knew our defense depth sucks... injuries always hit, Mayock should have expected that to happen. 

We added two high profile FA LB's, traded a 4th round pick for another LB that has started/played a lot of football, drafted a LB in the 3rd round, and paid decent money to retain Morrow. You only have 53 roster spots. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The alternate is Cory Littleton, the guy we just gave one of the biggest LB contracts in NFL history too. We only play with 3 LB's like 15-20% of the time. 

i remember Gruden saying something about not robbing Peter to pay Paul. Morrow and McMillan are next up at that spot and Morrow has the most experience in Guenthers defense. 

played a good first half vs the Pats holding them to 13. Offense didnt get enough going to sustain drives and keep the defense off the field. If the offense was healthy and operating normally the defense wouldnt be left to die. The Pats pounded the run game and we got killed in the 2nd half. End of the day were 2-1, with a bunch of starters out, gutting out the toughest part of the schedule. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I was thinking how Randall must have made an awful impression on the team and coaches for them to cut bait on him. Especially knowing that E.Harris would have to start. 

Possibly but coaches have their favorites too and will use whatever narrative fits to keep them around

• Like 1

It's still so puzzling that we won't try Joyner at FS. Considering he skipped practice with the Rams because he was so frustrated they wouldn't let him play safety and kept him at NCB, lol. 

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/14/nfl-los-angeles-rams-lamarcus-joyner-position-safety-cornerback/

“To me, it was like having a million-dollar check you can’t cash because the bank just don’t want to accept it,” Joyner said, via Alden Gonzalez of ESPN. “It’s not that it’s not legitimate; they just don’t want to accept the check.”

Joyner admits he was frustrated with the way he was utilized in Fisher’s defense, saying no one gave him the benefit of the doubt that he could succeed at safety. Three years later, he’s earned the trust of McVay and Phillips, and it’s paid off for all parties.

“I just felt like I had a talent that I wasn’t given an opportunity to present in this league,” Joyner said. “And it was very frustrating. One year is enough, but three years? I just put my faith in the lord, knowing that someday it would come and I was going to get an opportunity.”

4 hours ago, Dodo said:

Possibly but coaches have their favorites too and will use whatever narrative fits to keep them around

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I was thinking how Randall must have made an awful impression on the team and coaches for them to cut bait on him. Especially knowing that E.Harris would have to start. 

I think he's dealing with an injury. He only participated in one practice all of training camp and he's still unsigned. 

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

i remember Gruden saying something about not robbing Peter to pay Paul. Morrow and McMillan are next up at that spot and Morrow has the most experience in Guenthers defense. 

I guess. But Littleton played ILB with the Rams and we're playing him at OLB even with Kwit out. 

You have to love Gunther's logic though.

LaMarcus Joyner - Above average FS but terrible NCB with the Rams so we only play him at NCB.

Cory Littleton - Very good ILB with the Rams so we only play him at SLB.  

But hey, at least we're able to operate his scheme...

Edited by NYRaider