Raiders Defense

Rolni

37 minutes ago, Geezy said:

crazy how much love Collins was getting this offseason, Gruden was pimping him hard, and hes been a complete non-factor. Hopefully we do the right thing and play the right guys, no scholarships!

He said he lost like 25 pounds in the offseason, I wonder if the reduced weight/strength has hurt him. 

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I still can't believe Vickers just walked in and outplayed Collins, but it is what it is. Vickers looked awesome last week wow.

Chris Smith had more pass rushing production in 19 snaps on Sunday then Collins has had in 4 games. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

PG not getting enough credit. He has some great coverage calls in the 2nd Half, and also spied Key on almost every 3rd/4th down. PG was one step ahead of the KC offense the entire 2nd half. They didn't convert a single 3rd down to my knowledge.

He had a great half for sure but we're still giving up 393 ypg and 30.4 ppg. Not to mention that we still had to score 40 points to win last week as well. It's a start for sure but I think it's also important to acknowledge that winning games while allowing 30+ points every week isn't sustainable. 

On 10/13/2020 at 2:57 PM, NYRaider said:

Chris Smith had more pass rushing production in 19 snaps on Sunday then Collins has had in 4 games. 

Ooooof was I WAY off on Collins. Thought he would prove to be one of the better interior pass rushers in the league. Thankfully he's just on that one-year deal and we can give that C to Abram next year.

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He had a great half for sure but we're still giving up 393 ypg and 30.4 ppg. Not to mention that we still had to score 40 points to win last week as well. It's a start for sure but I think it's also important to acknowledge that winning games while allowing 30+ points every week isn't sustainable. 

It’s kc. teams like that you have to go td for td With and hope the defense gets stops. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s kc. teams like that you have to go td for td With and hope the defense gets stops. 

That's true but we've given up 30+ in 4/5 games this year. The Panthers are 20th and the Patriots are 22nd in scoring offense and both had 30+ against us. 

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ooooof was I WAY off on Collins. Thought he would prove to be one of the better interior pass rushers in the league. Thankfully he's just on that one-year deal and we can give that C to Abram next year.

Yeah it's been surprising to see how little of an impact he has had this year. One encouraging thing though is that Ferrell hadn't really shown much as a pass rusher before last week either and just had his best game for us. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

That's true but we've given up 30+ in 4/5 games this year. The Panthers are 20th and the Patriots are 22nd in scoring offense and both had 30+ against us. 

I see the Panthers but which game did carr fumble in the end zone for a defensive td?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

PG not getting enough credit. He has some great coverage calls in the 2nd Half, and also spied Key on almost every 3rd/4th down. PG was one step ahead of the KC offense the entire 2nd half. They didn't convert a single 3rd down to my knowledge.

what happened to your whole, lets wait and see how he does the whole year.. . like youve done for other players of ours 😄🤣
he was terrible last year, terrible the first 4.5 games.. and yet this is who you want to give credit?

just playing with ya. 
PG def deserves credit for the second half against KC, had our guys playing great. in position to make plays. 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

PG def deserves credit for the second half against KC, had our guys playing great. in position to make plays. 

He coached like his job was on the line on Sunday. But the biggest difference between last week and previous weeks was our DL play. 

57 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

what happened to your whole, lets wait and see how he does the whole year.. . like youve done for other players of ours 😄🤣
he was terrible last year, terrible the first 4.5 games.. and yet this is who you want to give credit?

just playing with ya. 

When have I not given Carr praise? And where have I said I'm sold on PG? Neither of those things are true.

I'm not sold on PG. But he deserves praise and almost no one is giving him it. Carr is getting plenty of praise and deservedly so.

I can also dish this narrative right back at you, Carr has been folding in the 2nd half completely for years, why are you "sold" on him? I'm not really serious about this question, but you see how easy this is to turn it right back around?

Edited by BayRaider