Raiders Defense

Rolni

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Morrow needs to be resigned. I'm not talking a huge deal, but something team friendly for 2-3 years would really help solidify LB depth on this team.

He played well today. But on the year I feel like he’s been our worst player on D. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

This is still Littleton’s job. I mean PG hasn’t used Littleton like that for us to know if he can do that or not and I seen my share of Rams games and I firmly believe he could. I would sum up Morrows performance with PG being very aggressive and it being the Broncos. 

PG has used Littleton as a drop back LB who just covers. Morrow attacked the LOS maybe that’s his calling and his role on this team going forward. Kwiat always comes off on 3rd downs for Morrow anyways.

Edited by agarcia34

Perfect example on the weekend of the defence helping out the offense in a huge way.

Whilst the D scored no points they basically stopped the Broncos from scoring, kept the game close whilst we were stuttering on offense and the turnovers created a spark and of course the short fields from turnovers and forcing punts were just what the offense needed to get jump started and rolling. Once the offence found its feet what could have been a 17-15 kind of arm wrestle game turned into a 37-20 rout. 

We know that 5 turnovers wont happen again but the occasional big play and creating 3 and outs and short fields is exactly what an offence needs to get humming when they can't quite get their rythm. The offence has been doing well with precious little help so far and the D stepping up could be the boost the team needs to make us a real danger come playoff time.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Let's say Gruden moves on from Guenther after this season. Who's out there that could mold this unit and help develop this talent?

I've already been googling this my friend.  Nothing has excited me yet.  In a realistic scenario.

Edited by Totty

Kris Richard former Seahawks DB coach has been mentioned here by others and its an interesting name.....

Romeo Crennel might be available as he's likely to be replaced as interim HC, Dan Quinn, Wade Phillips and Greg Williams are experienced guys who should be available. Matt Patricia will probably be fired soon too. John Pagano could be eligible but Gruden completely overlooked him last time. Of course we also have Marinelli in the building already. Zimmer Jr could be an interesting name too, also Monte Kiffin's 'other' son though that might be a touchy one 😁

Not advocating for any of those guys but there will be a few other names available when various HCs get booted and their coordinators are odd man out.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Raheem Morris has Gruden ties. He's a respected DC and doing okay as interm in ATL currently.

Yeah but I think that he gets serious consideration to remain HC in Atlanta.  

Pittsburgh's Teryl Austin is another idea.  17 years of experience, one of the best Ds in the league year after year.  Wouldn't be a lateral move for him.  I would be on board with a guy from that pedigree.  

• Like 1