Raiders Defense

Rolni

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Should be playing RDE and Ferrell LDE. 

I’ve said that too!  He’s not a strong side end....

I said he was overrated because of his 5 or 5.5 sacks vs John Jerry (RG turned desperation LT)  and Sam Tevi coming into the season.

I think he can be a 3 down Weakside end with a solid backup DE rotating with him..... by which I mean he can play run downs but is best used in passing situations.

I think PG wanted the end to crash inside a lot on run downs.... so I’m not going to firmly blame him for that.

but he’s a very good player who was held back some by a bad defensive coordinator and poor DL play and had a 2nd year regression.

he’ll be fine next year if he works hard ..... I’m not worried.

if we have to keep Nassib due to his guaranteed salary (which we will likely have to), then i Think those two should form a good duo..... if Nassib can play better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Crosby def was overrated by fans coming into the season. He hasn’t made that jump you would like. As a 4th round pick I think you’re getting great value of your pick, but he shouldn’t be starting and that’s more on the team then him. 

Look forward to see the growth over the off season and into next season with a new defense hopefully he can pick things up as a rotational player 

How can you overrate a 4th rounder from a semi no name school lol

i blame a sophomore slump he’s one player on def I’m not worried about same with hurst Hankins and mullens everyone else is suspect 

Starting Ferrell and Nassib with Crosby in a situational role would have been a much better use of those players. I think Crosby would be more effective if he wasn't playing so many snaps.

And Beasley is a waste of a roster spot. Hopefully, McKinley can see the field @ Den.

Beasley has played 188 snaps this season (Ten+LV) and recorded 0 pressure! Chris Smith has played 93 snaps and recorded 10 pressures.

Edited by oakdb36

17 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Starting Ferrell and Nassib with Crosby in a situational role would have been a much better use of those players. I think Crosby would be more effective if he wasn't playing so many snaps.

And Beasley is a waste of a roster spot. Hopefully, McKinley can see the field @ Den.

Beasley has played 188 snaps this season (Ten+LV) and recorded 0 pressure! Chris Smith has played 93 snaps and recorded 10 pressures.

Sounds about right... I remember seeing 51 a few times but no where near the QB, probably washed. I suppose worth the flier.... 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Worth clicking on and going through the thread. Defense looked good cause of Tua

He looked god awful if we're being honest. 

His arm looked a lot more capable in college.

Tua has some good traits and he has good touch, but you can't help but wonder how much throwing to an all time supporting cast helps you look good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vic:

Gruden still very high on Littleton. "The greatness in Littleton has yet to be seen as a Raider. ... He can be a leader. He can be a centerpiece."

He played very well to end the year. I noticed him locking guys up in coverage. Him and Kwit are the heart of the defense. Need DL and safeties badly. Possibly a slot CB.