Raiders Defense

Rolni

18 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Then compare there 1st 14 games if you wanted to be fair.

That's not really the point though is it? After 2 seasons is Abram an upgrade over Joseph? If he isn't then will he be shortly? If you put 1st round resources into replacing a 1st round player then you need results for all those resources and there doesn't seem to be much improvement if any is the real issue.

26 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's not really the point though is it? After 2 seasons is Abram an upgrade over Joseph? If he isn't then will he be shortly? If you put 1st round resources into replacing a 1st round player then you need results for all those resources and there doesn't seem to be much improvement if any is the real issue.

It’s a toss up between Abram and Joseph... I mean we already reached on a SS a few years before Abram, sucks the fanbase had to experience it twice...

you can also argue We wasted another 1st by trading Gareon Conley for a 3rd and drafting Damon Arnette with a 1st... They literally are the same size, both press corners, one year age difference. They even went to the same school 😂... not like Arnette is a clear upgrade.  seems like a wash, but we burned another 1st on a corner with limited upside. Well we picked up an extra 3rd to reach on a Tanner Muse lol.... 

those are head scratchers too me. We drafted similar players but burned assets... 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

Shoulda have used all those resources for an franchise cornerstone. A younger Mack to build the team around, someone like Chase Young or Nick Bosa... it’s not hard to find decent starters, but it’s all About finding special players who teams have to scheme around. On offense a good QB and OL can get you points, but to make noise an elite playmakers on either side of the ball gets you wins... just like this free agency, forget trying to find 6-7 decent starters. I’ll rather gamble on 3 elite pickups, and gamble with the rest of the spots. Give me Leonard Williams, Allen Robinson etc... sign a few low risk low reward free agents at other spots... stop playing it safe or we end up with a bunch of Carl Nassib

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

It’s a toss up between Abram and Joseph... I mean we already reached on a SS a few years before Abram, sucks the fanbase had to experience it twice...

you can also argue We wasted another 1st by trading Gareon Conley for a 3rd and drafting Damon Arnette with a 1st... They literally are the same size, both press corners, one year age difference. They even went to the same school 😂... not like Arnette is a clear upgrade.  seems like a wash, but we burned another 1st on a corner with limited upside. Well we picked up an extra 3rd to reach on a Tanner Muse lol.... 

those are head scratchers too me. We drafted similar players but burned assets... 

You literally said in another thread Abram haters will be eating crow? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Shoulda have used all those resources for an franchise cornerstone. A younger Mack to build the team around, someone like Chase Young or Nick Bosa... it’s not hard to find decent starters, but it’s all About finding special players who teams have to scheme around. On offense a good QB and OL can get you points, but to make noise an elite playmakers on either side of the ball gets you wins... just like this free agency, forget trying to find 6-7 decent starters. I’ll rather gamble on 3 elite pickups, and gamble with the rest of the spots. Give me Leonard Williams, Allen Robinson etc... sign a few low risk low reward free agents at other spots... stop playing it safe or we end up with a bunch of Carl Nassib

There is so much nonsense here.... First, you have to be willing to trade up and other teams are not going to pass up opportunities on guys like Young or Bosa. 

Second, in free agency, "elite" players don't make it to free agency. Let alone 3 elite players. And any quality free agent, they have to be attracted to coming here. 

In the case of Robinson, he'll likely test FA if he wants to pair with a quality QB. Leonard Williams likely get reesigned, but he's not an "elite" player. He blew up the stat sheets finally after being ver underwhelming for the Jets. To think you're getting a double digit sack player in him is misguided.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There is so much nonsense here.... First, you have to be willing to trade up and other teams are not going to pass up opportunities on guys like Young or Bosa. 

Second, in free agency, "elite" players don't make it to free agency. Let alone 3 elite players. And any quality free agent, they have to be attracted to coming here. 

In the case of Robinson, he'll likely test FA if he wants to pair with a quality QB. Leonard Williams likely get reesigned, but he's not an "elite" player. He blew up the stat sheets finally after being ver underwhelming for the Jets. To think you're getting a double digit sack player in him is misguided.

I don’t value your output so why do you respond to me? Not reading your paragraphs, you have a bitter outlook. ......Don’t kill my vibe 

Edited by Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don’t value your output so why do you respond to me? Not reading your paragraphs, you have a bitter outlook. ......Don’t kill my vibe 

You don't value anything except your own ramblings, which is why you add nothing to the conversation.

Your "vibe" is not understanding how literally any of this works. You constantly pitch crazy Madden fantasies that have no basis in reality. 

Carry on EA. Don't you have a list of draft picks you've never watched to make?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Imo, you're only as good on D as your worst player. You can have that incredible talent at any position if one of your guys is weak, that's where the offense will attack. Obviously, with a special talent you should be able to scheme and try to hide the weak spots but you can only hide them so much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I could have scored that TD.

I always see people write this and imagine them being a solid 300 lbs at 5'10" with zero muscle mass.  Just balding on top while they sit in their recliner with a Coors Light in one hand and jelly donut in the other.  Not a direct shot at you, I just always see this and imagine this guy trying to run 10 yards into the end zone and having a violent heart attack at the 3.  He died that day.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I always see people write this and imagine them being a solid 300 lbs at 5'10" with zero muscle mass.  Just balding on top while they sit in their recliner with a Coors Light in one hand and jelly donut in the other.  Not a direct shot at you, I just always see this and imagine this guy trying to run 10 yards into the end zone and having a violent heart attack at the 3.  He died that day.

Not quite 300 but if this covid thing lasts a bit longer i might get there.

• Like 1