Raiders Defense

Rolni

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If he was milking the injury why did we have an operation on it?

Reports during training camp were that he looked lost and was the worst player on the field. They decided to stash him on IR because he wasn't good enough to make the roster and they didn't want to lose him if they put him on the practice squad. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Reports during training camp were that he looked lost and was the worst player on the field. They decided to stash him on IR because he wasn't good enough to make the roster and they didn't want to lose him if they put him on the practice squad. 

Again he literally got an operation. I don't put stock in rookies switching positions during an epidemic and looking lost.  Last year doesn't count for rookies or players in a new system. The preseason and OTS were cut and training camp was only a couple of weeks long.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Again he literally got an operation. I don't put stock in rookies switching positions during an epidemic and looking lost.  Last year doesn't count for rookies or players in a new system. The preseason and OTS were cut and training camp was only a couple of weeks long.

Muse had a 5th-6th round grade from most outlets and was a major reach as a guy who had never played LB in the 3rd round. I hope that he can become a player for us in year two but I'm not counting on it. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Muse had a 5th-6th round grade from most outlets and was a major reach as a guy who had never played LB in the 3rd round. I hope that he can become a player for us in year two but I'm not counting on it. 

He might have been a reach in the draft but that doesn't making him a bad player. Now you have to think of him as a MLB, he's super fast and great in coverage with a nose for the ball. He literally will be a sideline to sideline player who could cover TEs man to man or the deep middle in a Tampa2 type zone. That's hard to find.

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He might have been a reach in the draft but that doesn't making him a bad player. Now you have to think of him as a MLB, he's super fast and great in coverage with a nose for the ball. He literally will be a sideline to sideline player who could cover TEs man to man or the deep middle in a Tampa2 type zone. That's hard to find.

how is he great in coverage? the reason he's being moved from S to LB is because his coverage was poor

Edited by Turnobili

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He has never played LB in his life though so how do you know that he'll be great in coverage, a sideline to sideline player, or someone that can cover TE? 

The reason he was moved to LB is because he didn't have the range to play safety in the NFL. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He has never played LB in his life though so how do you know that he'll be great in coverage, a sideline to sideline player, or someone that can cover TE? 

The reason he was moved to LB is because he didn't have the range to play safety in the NFL

and that despite having 4.4 wheels

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The reason he was moved to LB is because he didn't have the range to play safety in the NFL. 

Yes he has at Clemson. Go back and look they moved him from safety to LB