Raiders Defense

Rolni

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Almost all prospects have a comparison that is a good player lol. 

After Koonce the only edge players drafted relatively in the same range were Chauncey Gholston, Patrick Jones II, Ronnie Perkins, Cameron Sample, and Elerson Smith. I really wasn't that familiar with Koonce before the draft but a few respected analysts seemed to be high on him. No senior bowl or pro day definitely hurt his stock.

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Muse was a projected 5-7 rounder by almost everyone and we took him in the 3rd round. 

Don't disagree with this at all, I even mocked him to us in the 5th or 6th round I seem to recall. I liked him as a developmental prospect but you're right.........as a 5th or 6th rounder maybe not for a very valuable 3rd round pick. Overdrafted for sure.

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Don't disagree with this at all, I even mocked him to us in the 5th or 6th round I seem to recall. I liked him as a developmental prospect but you're right.........as a 5th or 6th rounder maybe not for a very valuable 3rd round pick. Overdrafted for sure.

Yeah, you can check the receipts I had Muse in almost all of my pre-draft mocks but it was like round 5-6. He's definitely extremely athletic so maybe he'll become a player for us but it was a reach. 

Something that gives me hope though is that Kwit started as a safety in college and was a mid-round pick that developed into a good LB. And Cory Littleton was a DE at Washington that went undrafted and developed into a good LB for the Rams. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Wow 93 pressures in two years , not bad

He’s had quite the start to his career, totaling 17 sacks. He has the 15th-most sacks since entering the NFL and no player drafted in 2019 has more sacks or pressures than Crosby.

https://www.yahoo.com

Crosby is a stud, he's a freak athlete for an edge. I'm excited to see how he develops with a full offseason to work with Rod. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Crosby is a stud, he's a freak athlete for an edge. I'm excited to see how he develops with a full offseason to work with Rod. 

I want to see what he does with the supporting cast. That’s what made me feel better about not drafting Jalen Phillips

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I want to see what he does with the supporting cast. That’s what made me feel better about not drafting Jalen Phillips

Phillips will be a stud if he can stay healthy. I'm interested to see if Koonce can contribute this year.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Phillips will be a stud if he can stay healthy. I'm interested to see if Koonce can contribute this year.

I don’t think he will but I think it’ll be good for him to not be in a position where he has to. I think that’s partially what screwed up Arden key

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I don’t think he will but I think it’ll be good for him to not be in a position where he has to. I think that’s partially what screwed up Arden key

He was very good the last two years at Buffalo and appears to have a nice variety of pass rush moves, good bend, and good length. Key sucked his last year at LSU as well and was super overweight plus had off the field issues. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was very good the last two years at Buffalo and appears to have a nice variety of pass rush moves, good bend, and good length. Key sucked his last year at LSU as well and was super overweight plus had off the field issues. 

That’s true. he also ran 4.8 which nobody remembers for some reason. You can’t be undersized and be slow